March 28, 2024, 05:01:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Channels in Studio One 5  (Read 3865 times)

GlynBarnes

• Apprentice
MIDI Channels in Studio One 5
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:17:54 pm »
I have been using B-3 V2 in Cakewalk for some time. Its easy to assign three MIDI tracks on channels 1,2 & 3 for upper, lower and pedals.

In Studio One 5 it does not seem possible to do this.  Any instrument track linked to B-3 V2 goes to the default channel 1. Other VSTi that receive multi channel MIDI (for example Kontakt, Sampletank, EW Play) have a pulldown in the track editor that allows one to select a MIDI channel.  B-3 V2 (and Vox Continental V2) only display the instrument name, in common with single channel instruments.

How can one set up B-3 V2  with a track for each channel in Studio One?

LBH

Re: MIDI Channels in Studio One 5
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:49 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I use Studio One 3. If things has'nt changed, then the midi channel settings is'nt availble for VST3 plugins. Studio One give priority to the VST3 plugins. So if you have VST3 plugins installed, Studio One is set to use VST3 plugins, then i guess nothing has changed, and that's your issue.
You need to use the VST2 versions of Arturia plugins to do what you wan't.

I can't tell if it's an issue that's about Arturia or Presonus. I know Studio One 3 does'nt have the same issue with all VST3 plugins, and i assume it's the same in Studio One 5. The other plugins you mention that work might be VST2 plugins or VST3 plugins that's different from Arturias. I know Kontakt is VST2 only.

I think this midi channel selection issue for VST3 plugins in Studio One is an annoying issue, and i wonder, why Arturia and Presonus have'nt found a solution yet. I use the VST2 versions because of this, but would like to use VST3 plugins.

GlynBarnes

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:14:53 pm »
Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have tried Sampletank and Play VST3 plugins and the MIDI channel select is available.  With Play I have both VST2 and VST3 available and both have the channel selection active. 

GlynBarnes

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 01:38:43 pm »
Well I have a workaround. I just loaded an instance of Komplete Kontrol and hosted B-3 V2 in that. I was able to create tracks on channels 1, 2, and 3 and use them to play B-3's manuals. This is the second time Komplete Kontrol has come to my aid countering Studio One weirdness.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 04:02:59 pm »
Komplete Kontrol is like all NIs applications VST2 only. It uses the VST2 version of Arturias B3 V2. As i said, then the VST2 version works.
If you don't mind using VST2 versions of your plugins instead of VST3, then you can switch off the VST3 support in Studio One. Then it only load VST2 plugins. That would be a very fast workaround.
If you in this way or another prevent Studio One to read your VST3 version of B3V2, then you don't need to use Komplete Kontrol.
Using Komplete Kontrol can be a good work around too.

GlynBarnes

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 04:42:10 pm »
Thanks, what I have done is move the VST3 DLL to a new folder. S1 now lets me use the VST2 version.

I have added the new folder to the scan path of Cakewalk so that will continue to be able use the VST3 version, so any existing projects there will not be affected.

This all seems to work and seems like a reasonable workaround, I will just have to watch out when there is an update.

Perry Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 09:33:23 pm »
I have the same problem and Arturia is no help they just pass the buck to Presonus. I'm waiting for a reply from presonus but the VST2 version of the B3 does not work at all cause I cannot load it in to Studio One Pro. I am losing my mind and patience. Just wish someone would fix this whom ever is the problem
very tired and exhausted from trying everything possible to make this work inside my DAW. And to top all this my expensive EVE speakers died and I have had to use headphones not a good thing, After 40+ years in Pro Studios I now know why so many artist wound up throwing the headphones at the control room window.
Sure could use some help I live in Mesa AZ about 45 miles east of Phoenix and I can't find anyone local to help me no one seems to know anything.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 11:31:17 pm »
I have the same problem and Arturia is no help they just pass the buck to Presonus. I'm waiting for a reply from presonus but the VST2 version of the B3 does not work at all cause I cannot load it in to Studio One Pro. I am losing my mind and patience. Just wish someone would fix this whom ever is the problem
very tired and exhausted from trying everything possible to make this work inside my DAW. And to top all this my expensive EVE speakers died and I have had to use headphones not a good thing, After 40+ years in Pro Studios I now know why so many artist wound up throwing the headphones at the control room window.
Sure could use some help I live in Mesa AZ about 45 miles east of Phoenix and I can't find anyone local to help me no one seems to know anything.
I have replied here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101169.msg185837#new
Please don't multi post and reply in the other thread.
I see there may be reasons why it does'nt work for you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines