April 18, 2024, 06:13:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 4 & Logic Pro X  (Read 3966 times)

Bruin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 4 & Logic Pro X
« on: September 08, 2020, 03:09:40 pm »
Hi, all. I could use the help of those of you who record Arturia synths in Logic Pro X.

First off, I can only access the full versions of my V-Collection 7 by opening up those synths in Analog Lab 4, and then clicking on the mini "pencil" icon in the center of the pic of that synth on the screen. When I open up the individual synths (not through Analog Lab 4), they're always in the limited access versions (lacking full control over its parameters).

Question #1: Should I be able to access the full versions of my V-Collection 7 synths by simply clicking on them without having to run Analog Lab 4?

Secondly, when I identify which V-Collection 7 synth I want to record in Logic Pro X, again, it's the limited access versions that I can access and not the full access versions. How can I access the full access version of these synths in Logic Pro X?

Lastly, the problem that I am encountering with opening up Analog Lab 4 in Logic Pro X is that I get some unappealing noises that I don't get by opening up the individual synths one at a time. These noises make live streams audio sound really bad. But, I have the full access versions of my V-Collection 7 synths going this route. :-/

Any help with these problems would be appreciated.

Thank you, all.

Herb
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:18:06 pm by Bruin »

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 4 & Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 05:47:47 pm »
Hi,

FYI: Analog Lab and Analog Laboratory is two different products. Analog Laboratory - in which forum you have posted - is discontinuet.

If you own the full individual applications (like own V-Collection and not just Analog Lab), and if the applications is installed and activated in Arturia Software Center (ASC), then you should be able to open the applications you own both inside Analog Lab and outside Analog Lab and use them without any restrictions.

Lastly, the problem that I am encountering with opening up Analog Lab 4 in Logic Pro X is that I get some unappealing noises that I don't get by opening up the individual synths one at a time. These noises make live streams audio sound really bad. But, I have the full access versions of my V-Collection 7 synths going this route. :-/
I suggest you contact Arturia support about this. I assume you talk about noises that's not CPU load related.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:52:56 pm by LBH »

Bruin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab 4 & Logic Pro X
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:55:19 pm »
Hi, LBH.

Thank you very much for your reply. Very much appreciated.

Sorry about the confusion. The product name changes confuse me.

I actually have Arturia Analog Experience THE LABORATORY 61-key and the software that came with in circa 2012 called "Analog Laboratory." I have, however, kept up with all of the V-Collections since #3 and own the current #7. With all of these upgrades/updates, I also have Analog Lab 4, too, as a result.

"If you own the full individual applications (like own V-Collection and not just Analog Lab), and if the applications is installed and activated in Arturia Software Center (ASC), then you should be able to open the applications you own both inside Analog Lab and outside Analog Lab and use them without any restrictions."

THIS is very helpful information, LBH. Thank you! And, yes, I'll ask Arturia about those nasty sounds. I did a Facebook Live live stream, and they got into the performance and recording. My CPU's power seemed fine.

Again, thanks, LBH. Much appreciated!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines