March 28, 2024, 06:29:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microfreak stuck when updating: No screen, Utility Button on  (Read 3866 times)

bodymemory@yahoo.com

Microfreak stuck when updating: No screen, Utility Button on
« on: August 10, 2020, 12:27:20 am »
Hey, I have been unable to get this fixed after trying for a week. I tried to update my Microfreak to the newer OS (with the noise oscillator). The update stopped. Microfreak doesn't connect. Worse, the opening Micofreak screen comes on, but then goes blank. and the Utility button stays on. Unit bricked. Can anyone help?

nicofigueroa

Re: Microfreak stuck when updating: No screen, Utility Button on
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 05:30:30 am »
Hey man, I made an account here to tell you how to fix that. Simply connect it to your computer, open the midi control center, and where it says firmware revision, click on the button next to it and it will allow you to update it even if it says that there is no microfreak connected. Update it again and make sure that the installation goes smoothly. This happened to me today trying to get the new vocoder feature and freaked out. I know it's been weeks now but I hope this either helps, or you've solved it on your own.

mgwd

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 04:24:38 pm »
Thank you @nicofigueroa for this - saved me when my brand new V3.x choked at 16% during the update proces... thought it was bricked but this totally worked!

AndreGM

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 03:17:18 am »
Dude you're a life savior! Thank you I was about to freak out when I saw the Utility light on after a couples of power cycles.
Midi Control Center and MF just don't work....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines