April 20, 2024, 09:36:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep midi sync issue HELP!!  (Read 1093 times)

spooncore@yahoo.co.uk

Keystep midi sync issue HELP!!
« on: August 08, 2020, 04:26:38 pm »
Hey folks.

First off.. apologies if this has been answered previously, but I'm very new to the world of synths and just learning how it all works!! Midi in particular is giving me a headache!! HAHAHA.

My set up is all connected using midi. I use a novation circuit as my main controller and that sends midi clock in to a midi box and all my other gear is connected, so Circuit goes midi in  then i have various other gear attached to the midi out connectors.

I bought a keystep to use as a keyboard for my volca FM as its much easier to play that way. I have one of the midi outs attached to my Keystep and thenthe midi out from the keystep to my Volca FM. However it looks like my keystep is not receiving the midi in from the circuit. when I play the keystep it does play the volca but when I press the start button any pre recorded sequence's are out of time. Do I need another midi box between the keystep and the volca? Or have I just not set it up right!!??

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keystep midi sync issue HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 05:41:15 am »
What channel have you got the Volca FM set to? (Press Memory while switching on, buttons 1 to 16 = MIDI channels 1 to 16).  Is it set to the same channel the KeyStep is transmitting on? (To set the MIDI channel on the KeyStep, press and hold shift and select the channel with the corresponding key).  Have you got the Volca set to receive MIDI short messages? (Press Function while switching on, make sure set 7 is lit, it is by default but best to double check).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines