April 18, 2024, 04:29:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Studio -DOA?  (Read 1410 times)

Metranomik

AudioFuse Studio -DOA?
« on: August 07, 2020, 06:12:02 pm »
Brand new unit, received a few hours ago.  Went through setup as per the instructions and the device seemingly worked... for about 10 seconds.

After a few seconds of audio playback (be that in FL, Pro Tools 12, Google Chrome/Edge) the audio stops and AFCC freezes.  I'm using 48kHz sample rate and when the software crashes the info at the top of the control centre shows 44.1kHz (it reports fine when the device is operational.  Oddly, the ASIO control panel still reports 48kHz. The device itself seems to respond to changes (at least, the lights change) but that isn't reflected in the software.  Buffer is set to 1024 just to rule that out as an issue.

I've tried removing and reinstalling all the software to no avail, even manually updating firmware does nothing.
I've tried connecting to the device with Type-C to Type-C USB 3.1, Type - A USB 3.0 and even the front panel USB 2.0.

Turning the devices off and back on with the power switch on the back fixes it for another few seconds, then it dies again. Sometimes AFCC has an error that says the power needs plugging in (though it's literally screwed onto the connector so that isn't the case).

Only connections to the device are USB and Power, as well as my two monitors through balanced Jack to XLR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I bought this to replace my ancient (and now dead) Apogee as I have work I need to do ASAP. I expected way less hassle from such a relatively expensive device.

Spec: i9-7940X @ 4.9Ghz (Stable, has been for years), 32GB 2666mhz RAM, GTX 1080ti.
Also tried on a laptop, same problem

housie

Re: AudioFuse Studio -DOA?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:15:54 pm »
I have got EXACTLY this - and I have tried on another laptop. Did you manage to get it sorted? Any help would be appreciated I have done everything I can comprehend to sort out, and still not joy!!

Cheers

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: AudioFuse Studio -DOA?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:18 pm »
Hi , Get a support ticket from Arturia ,They will be able to help you out. 
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines