March 28, 2024, 05:37:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: External audio not working Mini-V3 REAPER  (Read 2831 times)

erwin

• Apprentice
External audio not working Mini-V3 REAPER
« on: August 07, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »
I try to setup a REAPER v6.12 project to route an audio track trough the Arturia Mini V3 external audio, but Mini V3 does not play the sound from the audio track: The Overload indication always remains off which is an indication that it does not receive any external audio.

I'm looking for a similar setup for REAPER, inspired by this video with another DAW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmZy1bbmho

See my the attached screenshot.

Track 1 plays audio.
Track 2 contains Arturia Mini-V3 VSTi.

Send audio from track 1 to track 2 on channels 3 and 4, MIDI send disabled.
Pre-FX or Post fader does not matter.

In Mini-V:
External = On
External Input Volume = 10
Cut-off open
Volume = 8
Hold-down a note

Does anyone an idea what's wrong? I could not find a video on Youtube with this simple setup for REAPER, so be the firstone!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:11:52 pm by erwin »

LBH

Re: External audio not working Mini-V REAPER
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 06:13:12 pm »
Hi and welcoem to Arturia forums.

I don't use Reaper. But with the correct routing in Reaper it should be possible.
Perhaps it will help to look at reply #11, #13 and #14 in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95571.0
I assume the solution is in the same area.

erwin

• Apprentice
Re: External audio not working Mini-V3 REAPER
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 07:36:16 pm »
Thanks for your fast reply, LBH. I searched in the documentation and found the same thread before I posted this problem, but I could not find the answer for REAPER + Mini V3. (I'm not familiar with ARP or Modular)

REAPER can be tested for 30 days without any limitations.

I'm more thinking about a bug in external audio with Mini V3. Can someone demonstrate a working setup on Youtube?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:44:57 pm »
My main DAW can't route audio to instruments.

But i've just tried to do the routing to Mini V3 instrument in both Ableton Live 10 Lite and Bitwig 3. It work in both. So it does'nt look like there is anything wrong with Mini V3s external audio in.

I know the informations in the posted link is'nt for Mini V3, but all is about using an instruments external input in Reaper. Did you try to follow the informations in the thread? I suggest you try it. As you can read in reply #11 in the thread, then lunker has got it to work with Mini V in Reaper.

I think, you will be very lucky, if someone make a video for you.

erwin

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 02:13:36 pm »
After hours searching I found a solution myself to get REAPER with Mini V3 external audio input working.

See attached screenshots.

The setup requires two tracks:
1 track with Mini V3 (or other Arturia VST3i which supports external audio input)
1 track with audio output (or instrument which plays audio)

The audio track must be routed via channels 1/2 => 3/4 to the track with "Mini V3" VST3i and "master send" unchecked.
The Mini V3 VST3i window contains a button "2 in 2 out" which must be used to configure 4 inputs. To do this:

Click button "2 in 2 out" | "IO" | "Request VST3 bus channel count" and set this to "4 channels per bus".
Click button "2 in 2 out" again and uncheck input channels 1/2 and check input channels 3 (left) / 4 (right).

The audio is now routed correctly through the Mini V3 VST3i.

Note: The Mini V3 external audio input is mono and I was not aware of this. Probably the same as the original. This is not mentioned in the official Arturia Mini V3 documentation.

Important: Routing an external audio track to Mini V3 track on channels 1/2 instead of 3/4 or higher bypasses the Mini V3 FX (audio is played straight through the track which is useless). For this reason, audio send channels 1/2 cannot be used.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 02:22:31 pm by erwin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines