April 20, 2024, 04:06:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyStepPro swapping note on and offs  (Read 1006 times)

brentmoreland

• Apprentice
KeyStepPro swapping note on and offs
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:52:17 pm »
Every once in a while, my KSP sends note off messages when I press down on a key, and Note on when I release.  I can't seem to find the trigger for this behavior, but the last time it happened, I was trying to change projects using MIDI messages.  I tried PC messages, but CC0 (bank select) works.  I found it in the manual, as well. 

However, power cycling the unit corrects the problem.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: KeyStepPro swapping note on and offs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 04:24:27 pm »
I remember an issue like that many firmware versions ago.  Are you on the latest firmware?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 06:08:05 pm »
This happens to me regularly, on the current firmware. I power cycle the KSP to fix.

xrt24

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 08:56:06 pm »
Having the same issue except power cycling does not fix it. Happens very frequently.  I have to do a factory reset. (on latest firmware 1.2.6 build 550)

Very frustrating..  Could I have a bad unit? 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:16:58 pm by xrt24 »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 10:15:09 am »
Hello.
We are working on this bug, but this one is very nasty and may be fixed in the new update that will come in the forthcoming days.
It seems to happen when the MIDI ports are declared (when opening a DAW, a standalone virtual instrument, MIDI Monitor etc..)
Note that this is something we are actively investigating but that takes longer than the next update time frame. Answer very soon !
Best
Edouard
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:08:27 pm by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

TimDarbyshire

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 05:54:31 pm »
Hello everyone - my Keystep Pro also has midi note on/off reversed when used with a DAW. It's brand new and has always behaved this way. External midi devices seem to be behaving correctly. It's a pity firmware 1.3.2 didn't resolve this, but at least it sounds like this (big) issue is on Arturia's radar.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:58:44 pm »
I wonder what it is that causes this? I have never experienced this issue with my unit, be it controlling VSTi, or various external kit.

TimDarbyshire

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 12:49:48 am »
As with the poster earlier, cycling the KSP power does seem to fix this. Not great but at least it's being addressed with another upcoming firmware revision.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines