March 28, 2024, 05:10:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: External MIDI devices don't start reliably  (Read 5050 times)

TMavis

• Apprentice
Re: External MIDI devices don't start reliably
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 06:02:54 am »
I'm having horrible timing issues with beat step pro sending out midi beat clock. All my other gear syncs when anything else sends midi beat clock. But when using KeyStep pro to send beat clock everything else is off.

webhead311

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 04:01:28 am »
Yea this bug definitely needs to be fixed. I have my KSP connected to my BSP via midi and the timing is atrocious. Literally takes 2 secs to start my BSP. Like seriously, how did this get past QC? or was it just something they intended on fixing later? Either way, it is extremely poor development and its a shame because this has sequencer has a lot of potential. I hope this is fixed immediately.

Jan Juno

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 08:17:16 am »
Works now way better. But BSP first note won‘t be played. Please update beatstep pro.

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 11:33:51 am »
I updated my KSP to firmware 1.3.2 and I still have the problem where an eternal drum machine slaved to the KSP via midi din cable doesn't start in sync when pressing play on the KSP.
Depending on the Sync Output setting, the delay between the start of the KSP and the start of the slaved drum machine can be more or less long.
At 24 and 48 PPQ the slaved drum machine start almost in sync, but sometimes the first beat is skipped.
At any slower rate, the slaved drum machine starts more or less late in a very noticeable manner.
Lower the rate to the lowest setting of 1 PP4Q and you can wait for several seconds for the slaved drum machine to start after pressing start on the KSP.

My main problem is that I use the clock output to connect to a modular synth and clock LFOs etc... and so 24 or 48PPQ is just too fast to be usable on the modular.
So either my drum machine is out of sync, either my modular is going too fast...
Pretty unusable for a master sequencer that is supposed to make the bridge between modular, hardware and software...

Can Arturia confirm that this is a known bug and is gonna be fixed?
Because based on what @Edouard_Arturia said, I was expecting this fix to be released with version 1.3.1/2 since it was in beta a couple weeks before the new firmware was available.

Or I'm just mistaken on what the fix was supposed to be and it indeed got released.
Anyway this is very frustrating as I finally acquired a drum machine to go along with my setup and it's just not working...

Mazash

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 08:42:33 am »
I've got the same behavior.
The KSP is the master, going from midi out to a thru box, which is sending the clock to 4 other devices (Octatrack, Microfreak, Hydrasynth, Ipad).
 I'm trying to use Arps and lfos, but it is never accurate. Strangely, a setting of 24 PPQ seems to afford a barely stable sync, but I have to hit play several times to get lucky for a good sync.

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 05:45:13 pm »
I have a ticket opened with Arturia technical support, they asked me to do a factory reset but the problem persists.
I'll update here once I have more.

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 09:53:55 am »
OK so Arturia confirmed that this problem I described was not resolved.
They were able to reproduce it with an Elektron Analog Rytm mkII, I have an Elektron Model:Samples.
They said that the developers are working on a firmware update that contains fixes for this problem as well as other ones.
It gonna be at least a couple weeks and maybe more for them to be able to go through the whole fix/qa/validation for the list of bugs they have lined up.
I'll report here when I am able to confirm that this is solved.

At least they were very reactive when contacted via the technical support form on Arturia's website.

Sparrow48

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 08:49:07 pm »
I am having sync issues as well.  My clock runs from a Moog DFAM to my clock in on the KSP which then sends MIDI clock to my rig.  My Mother 32, FH-2, Korg Electribe ESX-1 all run reliably in sync however my 1010 Music Bixbox Mk1 does not.  It chokes, warbles, starts on offbeats, its a mess.  I spent the weekend thinking it my Bitbox but when I run clock from my DAW directly to Bitbox it works as it should, as well when I run clock from my Electribe to Bitbox it also runs just fine.  The analog clock from KSP to Bitbox also does not sync. 

webhead311

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 07:33:30 am »
...still waiting for an update (even a verbal one from Arturia would suffice at this point). I can't for the life of me believe that no body was able to pickup on this issue during development, it should have been one of the first things tested! This issue has made me have to use one of my drum gates as a clock for my Eurorack while using midi clock for my BSP. It essentially eliminates one of the sequencers leaving me with only 3...

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2020, 10:32:53 am »
Hello.
The update is supposed to be released today, it greatly improves the sync.

Kind regards, and stay safe.

Edouard

DGDGDGDGDG

Gkqt

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 08:16:29 am »
Hello.
The update is supposed to be released today, it greatly improves the sync.

Kind regards, and stay safe.

Edouard

Hi Edouard,

Could you please post patch notes? There exists no documentation about fixes, changes and added features since 1.3.1 anywhere at all.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 09:47:09 am »
Hello.

The release notes are available from the resources page, in the firmware row, by hovering the info button.
But it's true that it pretty hard to spot that if you don't know that  :)

I also created a thread here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=104690.0

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines