March 29, 2024, 06:35:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keys not responding  (Read 2131 times)

lucid484

Keys not responding
« on: August 06, 2020, 03:06:58 pm »
I've had my MatrixBrute for about 6 weeks and when I first turned it on, 4 keys were not responding. I thought it was due to warm up and after about 20 minutes they worked. And they have worked since then. The beginning of the week the same 4 keys stopped working again. And this time they have not come back. Tried multiple on/offs, letting it warm up for an hour. I even reinstalled the firmware and they are just dead.. Sent a tech support question to Arturia 3 days ago and haven't received a response yet. =/ A brand new $2k instrument and this shouldn't be happening... https://youtu.be/4ketVTkz82c

Processaurus

Re: Keys not responding
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:27:45 am »
Being confined to 4 keys, but them acting up together as a group, sounds like a hardware problem. That sounds like either a flaky connector in the keyboard, or flaky electronics in the path the key switches take to to get to the processor, they might do a matrix thing with the keys in groups of 4.

Does smacking on it make it work at all? Like the keyboard section, more than the fold up synth section? That could mean it is just a flaky connector or cold solder joint.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:29:19 am by Processaurus »

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:03:01 am »
One suggestion for troubleshooting this issue; monitor the midi output and see if you get any note data coming from the MatrixBrute when pressing those dead sounding keys. If you get midi data the keys themselves are working and the issue maybe elsewhere in the synth, I presume you have tried various presets, etc...good luck on this one. Hopefully you can get warranty service or replacement.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 01:42:33 pm »
If all else fails send it back, seeing that it's brand new you have consumer rights.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 04:43:13 pm »
Did you ever get this problem resolved? If so how?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines