March 28, 2024, 10:58:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't connect to my mac  (Read 3460 times)

wowowowwhaaaao

Can't connect to my mac
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:12:03 pm »
Hi guys... I'm really new to midi+computers. Please bear with me.

So I've had my minibrute for a while now but never connected it to my mac.
Now I've connected it to my mac using USB midi, and it's recognized in Audio/Midi setup, however I can't figure out how to send midi out from my mac.
I'm using LUNA (a new DAW from universal audio) and have asked the LUNA forum as well, to which the UA guy said 'Does it have AU control plugin?'

Does minibrute have AU control plugin? I have downloaded Midi Contol Center but it's not helping.
I have no idea what he's talking about. Can someone help me out please.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't connect to my mac
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:55:52 pm »
I didn't think there was market space for yet another DAW, the market is already oversaturated.
You might have to ask on the Luna forum how to tell it to send out midi to external hardware,  then check in your MiniBrute manual what midi channel it receives on and set the sending channel appropriately. It should be as simple as that. If you were using Logic Pro I could help, if you were using Ableton there's a thousand Windows & Mac Ableton users here who know it inside out, but Luna I'd never even heard of. I know variety is the spice of life but I think this is one occasion where using something well-known and established is probably better for new users like yourself than something obscure which virtually no-one can help you with :-(

Hope you get it sorted.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

wowowowwhaaaao

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »
Hi MajorFubar,
Yeah I spent 12 hours to reach that conclusion and now I'm spending well over 12 hours updating my old mac pro so i can start using Logic X. (Luna I was trying out with my MacBook air)
Thanks though, I'll come back with questions for Logic!

alexallred

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 03:38:51 am »
If you have the MB 1, don't update all the way to Catalina as the Minibrute connection software won't work.  It hasn't been updated by Arturia and is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina.  I'm trying to control my MB 1 through the MIDI Control center like I do my MB 2, but there aren't nearly as many options.  Does anybody know if the MB 1 has the option to turn on MIDI THRU like you can on the MB 2? 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines