March 29, 2024, 01:58:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mac Book Pro died, what to do  (Read 1880 times)

Iva_Biggun

• Apprentice
Mac Book Pro died, what to do
« on: July 27, 2020, 12:53:39 am »
My three year old Mac Book Pro died and is not repairable. I am thinking of getting a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 because it is $500.00 cheaper that the base model 13” MB Pro. Is the MS laptop powerful enough to run Arturia software? It has a 10Th gen Intel i5 with 8 gb of ram and 128 gig ssd.

How do I get in touch with Arturia to download the software to the MS laptop if I buy it? I tried tech support on the website but I do not know my serial #, unlock code, and etc, so I cannot send them a message. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

LBH

Re: Mac Book Pro died, what to do
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
What's the CPU base frequency? Not the turbo speed.
According to Arturias sales site the minimum requirements is 2.5 GHz. I assume that's for quite new CPUs.
And it's not to run as many applications you'd like in any way you'd like.

Please also keep in mind that thin units easily get warm, and that can affect the CPU performance.

The computer performance you need depend on so many things like which of the applications you use, how many you use at the same time, how many notes played, which sounds and the audio settings. No one can really answer your question with a yes or no.

You can try to compare to your old MAC specs, and get a feeling.

Unfortunately many software vendors does'nt give much useful informations about this.

Informations like in the this article might help: https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214
I don't have FL Studio, but it's one of the few guidelines i've found.

You don't need to get in touch with Arturia to download software. AFAIK you just download the version you need, They are avaible on the websites, so when you install ASC window, you get the right versions.
You should not not need a serial to contact  the software support, if you have it on your account. Informations about purchased products are availble on your account.
I don't have a Arturia controller, but i would think, that you should have the serial on the unit, the case, the reciept ......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines