March 28, 2024, 07:06:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting a Minilab MKII to a Minibrute 2S  (Read 4445 times)

SuNo

• Apprentice
Connecting a Minilab MKII to a Minibrute 2S
« on: August 02, 2020, 12:11:05 pm »

So... I own a brand new MicroBrute 2S and a Minilab MKII. The Minilab does not have a Midi out, only a USB type B out. So I am wondering whether there is a way to connect >directly< the Minilab to the MicroBrute, e.g., using the USB type B out of the Minilab to connect (through an adapter) to the USB type B of the Microbrute, or to the Midi in. I am not sure of what is feasible.

Thanks in advance

SuNo

SuNo

• Apprentice
Re: Connecting a Minilab MKII to a Minibrute 2S
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:05:19 am »
Addendum: when I write 'directly', I mean without connecting anything to a computer+software. I tried using a USB hub + a USB-midi connector - would it work?

As the profile indicates, I am a "newbie" so any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

So... I own a brand new MicroBrute 2S and a Minilab MKII. The Minilab does not have a Midi out, only a USB type B out. So I am wondering whether there is a way to connect >directly< the Minilab to the MicroBrute, e.g., using the USB type B out of the Minilab to connect (through an adapter) to the USB type B of the Microbrute, or to the Midi in. I am not sure of what is feasible.

Thanks in advance

SuNo

SuNo

• Apprentice
Anyone? Re: Connecting a Minilab MKII to a Minibrute 2S
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:51 pm »
Is there anyone who could reply with a (documented) yes or no ?

psienide

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 11:06:52 pm »
No - you can't do this without a midi host when using USB.

Also, I cant tell whether you're talking about the Minibrute, because you posted this question in the minibrute forum, the minibrute2s, because you mistakenly referred to it as a microbrute2s, or a microbrute, because you also referred to it as that. Either way, I dont think you can use a USB midi controller to the USB ports on any of the hardware instruments without an intermediate device.

SuNo

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 09:42:39 pm »
Thanks. It is indeed a Minibrute 2S.

SuNo

DarSwanSwede

• Apprentice
  • Hi this is SNO King,
    • snöking.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 11:45:29 pm »
Hi Everybody..

As it was stated no you cannot connect the midi controller directly, but you can and can't.

Using the Arturia Software set the back sustain port as a Gate this will allow you to send Midi Note and CC data

Then connect them both to a computer. cell, or tablet via a (edit) POWERED USB 2.0 Hub and you can use it via iOS or Android with products like ZenBeats and GarageBand. I say this only if you have a USB hub... but yes there is always a way, OOOOOOORRRRRRR ( and this is my fav!!!) you can plug the controller directly into a Eurack midi Module ($29 used) running on a 9v adapter like I do... and stick that sucker anywhere and then its USB to MIDI to CV and Nirvana!!!

Heres what I use... and yes I used it in a small wood mount and a 9v adapter. Now I upgraded to a TipTop happing Ending frame and its nicer
[url]https://reverb.com/item/36099909-mutable-instruments-cvpal-midi-to-cv-interface[url] this way you can do it without the need for a computer... Your almost there... dont stop now... so close!!!  hmmm theve gone up a lil... lots of demand these days lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:55:44 pm by DarSwanSwede »
Kelly Swanson aka, snö king

http://www.snöking.com

DarSwanSwede

• Apprentice
  • Hi this is SNO King,
    • snöking.com
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 11:48:22 pm »
 ;D One last note... i was just pondering the universe when It came to me...... I'm going to try a powered controller.... with a USB B to B cable...... hmmm maybe it will send over the midi and be a new fun thing for me.....idea?  :P
Kelly Swanson aka, snö king

http://www.snöking.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines