April 19, 2024, 05:28:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: One key (the C2) is not working on new Arturia KeyLAB MKII 49  (Read 2207 times)

rickhood

• Apprentice
The C2 key is not working on my new (2 weeks old) Arturia KeyLAB MKII 49.  All other keys work.

Definition of key "not working" as follows:

- The key that is not working is the C2 key
- It was working at one point
- It does work occasionally, for example if I press it multiple times it will work 1 press out of 10, or something like that.
- I use Logic and have tried with various midi instruments, all the same - works 1 times out of 10.

Is there some kind of a reset I can do or does this sounds like a hardware problem?  I have submitted to Arturia support but not heard back yet.

LBH

Re: One key (the C2) is not working on new Arturia KeyLAB MKII 49
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:31 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You can try to do a factory reset like described in the manual.

If that does'nt work, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

Could ba a hardware failure.

rickhood

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 01:09:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply. 
I have been in contact with Arturia.  They told me to do the steps below.  I did those (except 5, because this was not an upgrade of Logic, I started with Logic Pro X);

But the C2 key is still not working properly. 

I will keep working with them and come back with what I find.  Also I bought it through Sweetwater so contacted them also.  Thanks again.

------  from Arturia Support below -------

I- Please reinstall the latest Firmware update using the MIDI Control Center.

II-Please perform a Factory Reset to your KeyLab MKII, To factory reset your KeyLab MKII, follow these simple steps:

[WARNING: Factory resetting your KeyLab MKII will clear all saved internal User maps. Be sure to back up your settings using the MIDI Control Center]

• Hold the "Octave up" & "Octave down" buttons while powering it up.
• Once the unit has powered up, press the Jog-wheel to confirm.

III- The following steps will explain how to delete the Logic Pro X user preferences, in order to potentially fix the issue your are actually facing:

1- Quit Logic Pro X if it is running.

2- In the Finder, choose "Go to Folder" from the Go menu.

3- Type ~/Library/Preferences in the field and click Go.

4- Remove the following files from the Preferences folder:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs
com.apple.logic10.LSSharedFileList
com.apple.logic10.plist

- Note that if you've programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You might want to export your custom key commands before performing this step. Learn how to Browse, import, and save key commands.

5- If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.

6- Then restart the computer.

IV. If the issue persists, please make a short video showing the behavior of the key using the stand alone version of Analog Lab 4 and send it to us by replying to this email and adding a link to Drop Box or Google Drive or any other cloud service.

rickhood

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 03:26:04 pm »
I got the key working by moving it left and right as I press the key down.  It is more or less working now.  So, obviously this is a mechanical issue.  The keyboard is only 2 weeks old.  But I guess all is Ok for now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines