March 29, 2024, 10:50:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain Pedal affecting Tuning  (Read 2421 times)

thepianojuggler

Sustain Pedal affecting Tuning
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:57:00 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm using ARP2600 V3 through MainStage and when I press down the sustain pedal it affects the fine tuning of VCO 1 and immediately makes it way out of tune. Is this the default effect of MIDI CC 64? I want to use the string sounds as a layered pad along with an electric piano but I can't use the sustain pedal without the ARP going out of tune. Help! Thanks!!

LBH

Re: Sustain Pedal affecting Tuning
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:49:42 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The GLOBAL TUNE is by default unassigned.
I don't know about Mainstage, but perhaps you have a control system in Mainstage, where the pedal is being assigned to the Global Tune.
Or you have somehow assigned your pedal to ARPs Global Tune.
So you need to unassign your pedal where it somehow has been assigned to the tuning.

thepianojuggler

Re: Sustain Pedal affecting Tuning
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 03:11:04 am »
Thanks for the response! Well I figured out a work around. I was using my Nord Stage 2 as a controller but didn't have the same problem with my regular midi controllers. Turns out when the global midi channel on my Nord is USB 1, CC 64 affects the tuning of VCO 1 but for USB channels 2-16 it doesn't. 🤷🏻‍♂️Still no idea why but at least I have an easy way to avoid that issue. Go figure. Anyhow, thanks for the response and all the best!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines