March 29, 2024, 02:10:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to control and sync DAW at the same time  (Read 1039 times)

mrmugabi

• Apprentice
Is it possible to control and sync DAW at the same time
« on: July 28, 2020, 05:27:33 pm »
I like to use the transport buttons and the knobs to control my DAW's (S1v5, MPC, Live10). I also like to sync the BSP sequencers to my DAW clock. I am having a hard time doing both. Whenever I enable both setups in any DAW. Pressing play causes a playhead loop until I disconnect or disable the BSP.

Is there anyway to get around this in any DAW. I am open to hacks and/or moderately stable experimental solutions.

Thanks

mja

Re: Is it possible to control and sync DAW at the same time
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 06:53:52 am »
Following.  I'm running Logic Pro X, and the Beatstep Pro is synced to Logic Pro X's tempo.  MMC is off everywhere.

I can start and stop Logic from BSP *if* I'm not at measure 1.  If I'm at measure 1, I get a loop and I have to disconnect the BSP.

Recording works intermittently (again, not measure 1).  Sometimes recording will work, other times recording will start and stop, though playback will continue.

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is it possible to control and sync DAW at the same time
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:14:26 am »
Logic has the be the master midi clock, it can not sync to external midi. It can sync to MTC but that doesn’t help here.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines