March 29, 2024, 02:11:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Quick preset restore button.  (Read 3912 times)

RobArtz

• Apprentice
Quick preset restore button.
« on: July 26, 2020, 04:18:26 pm »
Hi,
While I'm in the heat of a song I change all the knobs of a preset. Then I would like to go back to it's original preset settings. Is there a button/can there be a button be programmed which I can simply push to reset the preset to it's original settings?
Cheers!

LBH

Re: Quick preset restore button.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 06:29:35 pm »
Hi,

Just select/ load the preset again, if it's a full preset reset you wan't.  You might also be able to select it in the History.

I have for years wished for a reset to saved stage for both individual parameters and for the full preset. I would like in a playing situation to be able to reset individual parameters and the full preset to the saved state by using both mouse and midi controller. I still hope, but unfortunately none of the applications i have from any vendor has this feature. I don't know, if it's hard to do.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »
You are right, LBH, but that means I have to 1 - select another preset first and then 2 - select the one I was playing/changing to get the original back. So just like a quick forward en backward selection. That doesn't work for me when I am in the heat of i.e. a solo part. The chance to select another preset by mistake is to big...  :-[ I would like to have just one button likewise the PANIC-button.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:51:09 pm »
that means I have to 1 - select another preset first and then 2 - select the one I was playing/changing to get the original back. So just like a quick forward en backward selection.
No - you can select the same preset. You don't have to select another preset first.
And as said, then you may have an option in the undo/ redo history too.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 06:05:49 pm »
You are right! Just push the big rotary knob one time and the original preset is back to it's original settings! This will help me out, thanks!

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 08:59:35 pm »
Great. Your welcome.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:50:57 pm »
Do you also have a solution for my other 'problem'- Assign keybed or presets to midi channel 1 instead of ALL?

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:14:11 pm »
that means I have to 1 - select another preset first and then 2 - select the one I was playing/changing to get the original back. So just like a quick forward en backward selection.
No - you can select the same preset. You don't have to select another preset first.
And as said, then you may have an option in the undo/ redo history too.

Unfortunately this doesn't works for the selected presets per song when in Concerts-mode. Or do I missed something again?

LBH

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 10:12:26 pm »
In Concerts you only have the "Revert" functionalities through the Concert menu.

I answer your other question where you have posted. https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=102868.msg173931#new
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:14:15 pm by LBH »

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 01:10:26 pm »
After trying the possibilities already offered within Analog Lab 4 to reset a preset on the fly, I still wished I could simply press a button to reset the preset in use to it's original settings without a quick forward-backward to revert the selection in Concert-mode or without pressing the big Rotary-knob when not in Concert-mode. The chance selecting another preset by accident by turning the big Rotary-knob a little unwillingly is very possible.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 11:15:47 am »
Here's the answer from Arturia:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out,

Sorry for the inconvenience, it is indeed not possible but you can change presets with more accuracy by using the arrows to the left and right of the main rotary encoder.

I've referenced your request to init the presets to previously saved state and will make sure to bring this up with the developers upon my next meeting with them.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have the slightest further request or question,

Kind regards.
Léo - Arturia Support

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 11:07:12 am »
Maybe the Arturia-programmers can give the MULTI-knob a double function (Multi and Preset-reset).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines