March 29, 2024, 01:00:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controlling Microfreak with Keylab MKII  (Read 1629 times)

piedle

• Apprentice
Controlling Microfreak with Keylab MKII
« on: July 26, 2020, 04:14:29 am »
Hi there.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

I've been trying to use my Arturia Keylab MkII to control my Microfreak - using Logic Pro X.

I have connected the two machines via MIDI - midi out from the Microfreak to midi in on the Keylab.

After reading through the Keylab manual, I can't seem to figure out what mode i need to be in or settings I need to use in order to control the Microfreak. (Same goes re: settings for Microfreak, I guess).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Controlling Microfreak with Keylab MKII
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:50:06 pm »
I'm not sure about the Keylab settings since I don't have one myself. On the MicroFreak the only setting that affects MID reception is the "Ulility -> MIDI -> Input chan". Make sure it's set to "All" or  a channel from1-16. The Keylab must be set up to transmit on the same MIDI channel as the selected MicroFreak input channel.

...I have connected the two machines via MIDI - midi out from the Microfreak to midi in on the Keylab....
For the MIDI communication you should connect Keylab MIDI Out to MicroFreak MIDI In

If you connect the Keylab directly to the MicroFreak, the Logic Pro X settings shouldn't matter.

piedle

• Apprentice
Re: Controlling Microfreak with Keylab MKII
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

The main purpose was to use the micro freak sounds with the 61 keys. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines