March 29, 2024, 06:48:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Parameter envelops from DAW  (Read 1113 times)

Element9

• Apprentice
Parameter envelops from DAW
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:09:45 pm »
Not sure if this is more of DAW of Pigments related question.

I use Reaper, Pigments and Keylab and want to use Keylab to record Pigments parameter automation in Reaper. I can set that that up in Reaper with midi MIDI learn, but Keylab also controls some Pigments parameters directly, so I end up with one fader controlling to parameters. What comes to my mind is to create an empty MIDI Controller Config to use when I want to record automation in DAW. Is there a better approach?

LBH

Re: Parameter envelops from DAW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:31:05 pm »
I don't have Reaper and not sure what you talk about. If talk about you can do certain control functions mapping In Reaper, then it can be a good idea to use the midi cc that's shown as "undefined" in this chart: https://www.midi.org/specifications-old/item/table-3-control-change-messages-data-bytes-2 - for Reapers functionality, when you make a Keylab controller map for this. (I don't have a keylab.)

Many Synths by default use the midi cc you can read in the chart for certain functions. It's very likely they does, if they are pre-mapped. This include hardware synths.

You can do like you say, and use a empty midi config in Pigments, but i would recommend the above to avoid as conflicts (as much as possible), when it's possible to do doubble controlling like you apparantly can.
Other synths might not be able for multiple midi configs, so you have to clean the mapping.

You can do like you wish, as long as it does'nt create conflicts.  But perhaps it's a good idea to have a certain order in things.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:36:09 pm by LBH »

Element9

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 02:01:15 pm »
That's exactly what I was hoping for - more general solution, not just for Pigments. I'll create a Keylab config what maps faders to MIDI CCs with undefined functions. Thank you very much LBH!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:20:58 am »
Your welcome Element9.
I'm glad, if it was a help, for you to find a way, that work for you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines