March 28, 2024, 10:14:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with Matrix12 filter  (Read 961 times)

Igro

• Apprentice
Problem with Matrix12 filter
« on: July 24, 2020, 06:51:47 pm »
Hi, seems like Matrix12 filter is very problematic.

There is a problem with it. When the attack is set to 0, then it has less "click", than if it is set to a higher value. For instance 1.0ms. At 1.0ms it has more pronounced click, that with 0ms. Please check the attached preset. The preset is set to 0ms. Then set it to 1.0ms.  Hear the difference?

LBH

Re: Problem with Matrix12 filter
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:17:07 pm »
Hi Igro,

It's the same for other filters. It's not about the Matrix filter. Nothing wrong.

I can hear what you mean with the click. The click get louder up to a certain setting for the VCA envelope attack. It's a quite common behavior, if you try the same on other vendors synths. I assume it's about how the gate open and/ or about other technically things, - even on hardware synths.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:22:32 pm by LBH »

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 12:53:27 pm »
I just downloaded DX7 and Matrix12 synths and they didn't behave that way. And those are Arturia synths.
Then I tried DS Thorn and Syntmaster One, and they didn't behave that way.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:58:20 pm by Igro »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 02:33:55 am »
What excactly do you mean this is about now?

I think it's really about the click it self is very loud in pigments in generel, like mentioned in another thread in the forum. I wish the click was'nt that loud.
It's mostly when retriggering a note while it's in the release phase, that i think it's a problem though, because even long attack times give cliks then, when playing voices are retriggered.
Perhaps this has to do with Pigments envelopes as well, but i really can't tell for sure.
But to me it does'nt look like the Matrix filter problem that you made this topic for.

There are differences in the way different synths behave. Also in this matter. No need to argue about that.
I think vintage synth only in rare (if any) cases had a attack time below 0.5 - 2 ms, and some even longer.
As i wrote, then this might be about how (including how fast) the gate open and closes for that matter.
I don't know enough to tell. But i personally would like less click if possible, even if it's not a bug it's there.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines