March 28, 2024, 08:39:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Mode MIDI Channel  (Read 1934 times)

ricodway

• Apprentice
Analog Lab Mode MIDI Channel
« on: July 21, 2020, 07:09:00 pm »
I want to use my Keylab mkII to control the Analog Lab AU with my other MIDI keyboard controller playing a different software instrument, simultaneously.  The keys change as expected when changing MIDI channel on the Keylab. The problem is when in Analog Lab mode, (not DAW or USER) the faders and knobs still send MIDI Channel 1, throwing the hardware integration out of the window.  I looked in MIDI control center for help as well but with no luck seeing as Analog Lab mode is Read-Only.

Any advice?

Logic Pro X - Catalina

LBH

Re: Analog Lab Mode MIDI Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:50:04 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Why not in example change the midi channel on your other controller instead?

I'm on Windows and don't have an Arturia controller yet.

ricodway

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:55:04 pm »
I do change the MIDI channel on the controller which then sends on whatever channel I assign.  But with the Keylab mkII, there is User, Daw, and Analog Lab mode and the Analog Lab mode sends on MIDI channel 1 regardless of change.  The Analog Lab mode allows all the knobs and faders to control the parameters of the Analog Lab 4 Software instrument, but with the knobs and faders sending on MIDI channel 1 I lose this function which makes up a pretty big reason to purchase in the first place.

ricodway

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 07:07:39 pm »
I just found in an older forum reply that Analog Lab is locked to MIDI channel 1 and there's no way to change but that was in 2018

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:52:51 am »
I guess that the only omission in Analog Lab-mode is that is all the sliders, knobs etc. are automatically directed to midi channel 1 but the keybed is set or remains to omni/all midi channels. That's the reason still hearing the sound of Analog Lab while in user-mode. >:( In i.e. my Novation Remote SL midi-controller it's possible to change the midi channel for the keybed. So I can decide myself what to hear while playing the keys on which midi-channel. ;) This omission makes my Keylab MkII/Analog Lab-combination regrettably less useful. :'( I hope Arturia wil change this in a future Keylab/Analog update. :-*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:58:47 am by RobArtz »

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 11:06:49 am »
I found out that the midi channel choice of all presets in Analog Lab 4 are initially set to midi channel ALL. That's the reason hearing the sounds of Analog Lab while in USER mode. While everything is set to midi channel 1 when choosing the option ANALOG LAB on the Keylab MkII, it should not be to difficult for the programmers of Analog Lab to make midi channel 1 the first choice in all the presets. I hope they will do this in future update.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:59:56 am by RobArtz »

SpiderLab

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 05:41:52 am »
I just found in an older forum reply that Analog Lab is locked to MIDI channel 1 and there's no way to change but that was in 2018

Jeez I just purchased today and this is bad news  :'( Might have to turn the truck around...

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 04:22:14 pm »
I don't have a Keylab MKII. But are you sure, that you can't set the midi channel for the keyboard channel in Analog Lab mode. Is'nt it just the knobs that's set to midi channel 1 midi cc xx instead of midi channel User midi cc xx?

If you in example take a B3 V preset, and you set the keyboard channel to midi channel 2, then will you not play the sound on the lower manual of the B3 V, and play the Upper manual if the keyboard channel is set to midi channel 1?
And how does the knobs work on both those channels?
I think the informations Matt Arturia give in this thread https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93160.msg173841#new can be understood like that.

Can you please enlightening me?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines