April 24, 2024, 06:21:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to setup / map Beatstep Pro with Studio One 4?  (Read 1581 times)

EasyToAssemble

How to setup / map Beatstep Pro with Studio One 4?
« on: July 21, 2020, 01:40:38 am »
I'm trying to get my Arturia Beatstep Pro set up in Studio One 4, mainly to use with Impact XT drums. I've found the BS pads are defaulted to start from C1, but noticed the Studio One kits start at B0. I'm now trying to figure out how to remap the Beatstep Pro pads from B0 instead of C1 (essentially down 1 note for each pad).

I've trying going into Arturia's MIDI Control Centre to remap (in 'Controller Map' tab), but nothing seems to be saving. Also, I've found that if I have the device connected in Studio One, the Arturia software tells me the Beatstep Pro is disconnected. So, if I then try to reconnect / restart for the Arturia MIDI Control Centre, it then disconnects from Studio One. This conflict is very frustrating, as I'm trying to run both software at the same time so I can test any adjustments I make.

I thought I'd post this here, as I'm trying to get a jist of how to set up the Beatstep Pro specifically with Studio One and if there's anything specific in MIDI Control Centre I need to set up.

I would be grateful for any advice from Studio One Beatstep Pro users, on how you set your device up, as this currently seems much harder than it should be.

Simatik2018

• Apprentice
Re: How to setup / map Beatstep Pro with Studio One 4?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:00:45 am »
Dear You,

first to know, it is not possible to run MCC and S1 together! The most MIDI Drivers are not able to share
two different programms.

I use BS Pro with S1 after editing the Midi Note numbers in MCC. And it works fine here.
Altough it was not really a problem here to edit the Midi note numbers inside the MCC and after this
send to my BS Pro.

Hope this hepls a bit!

Regards

Lars  :)

EasyToAssemble

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:08:38 pm »
Dear You,

first to know, it is not possible to run MCC and S1 together! The most MIDI Drivers are not able to share
two different programms.

I use BS Pro with S1 after editing the Midi Note numbers in MCC. And it works fine here.
Altough it was not really a problem here to edit the Midi note numbers inside the MCC and after this
send to my BS Pro.

Hope this hepls a bit!

Regards

Lars  :)

Ah, the driver thing makes sense now. Thanks.

In terms of MIDI note numbers, how do I calculate what the numbers should be?. And is that in the 'Device Settings' tab?

Simatik2018

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 08:24:21 am »
 :)

Yes in the MCC on this Page you find the Drum Map (Manual Page 133), there you can assign these notes.

When you open up a new instance of Impact XT you will see the note numbers on the left upper side on
each pad. E.g. C1, C#1 and so on.

Hope you will get it :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines