March 28, 2024, 01:20:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab Mk2 Ableton Mode modified functionality  (Read 11230 times)

codekiln

• Apprentice
Re: MiniLab Mk2 Ableton Mode modified functionality
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 03:49:42 am »
What version of Ableton were you using when developing this? When I try to install, I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
[tt]$ cat /Users/Myer/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live\ 9.7.7/Log.txt | grep RemoteScriptError
2437 ms. RemoteScriptError: Traceback (most recent call last):
2437 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
2438 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Lite.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/AAminilab_mk2_custom_script/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
2438 ms. RemoteScriptError:     
2438 ms. RemoteScriptError: from .test import test   # you import your main program during the initialisation of your script
2438 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Lite.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/AAminilab_mk2_custom_script/test.py", line 29, in <module>
2438 ms. RemoteScriptError:     
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError: from .HardwareSettingsComponent import HardwareSettingsComponent
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Lite.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/AAminilab_mk2_custom_script/HardwareSettingsComponent.py", line 12, in <module>
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError:     
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError: class HardwareSettingsComponent(ControlSurfaceComponent):
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Users/versonator/Jenkins/live/output/mac_64_static/Release/python-bundle/MIDI Remote Scripts/_Framework/SubjectSlot.py", line 99, in __new__
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Users/versonator/Jenkins/live/output/mac_64_static/Release/python-bundle/MIDI Remote Scripts/_Framework/SubjectSlot.py", line 85, in setup_subject
2439 ms. RemoteScriptError:   File "/Users/versonator/Jenkins/live/output/mac_64_static/Release/python-bundle/MIDI Remote Scripts/_Framework/SubjectSlot.py", line 38, in subject_add_event
2440 ms. RemoteScriptError: AttributeError
2440 ms. RemoteScriptError: :
2440 ms. RemoteScriptError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'signal'
2440 ms. RemoteScriptError: [/tt]

Paco

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 05:50:02 pm »
Hello LilSmeag, I would like to share my script here, since although it differs a lot from yours, it is inspired and (especially at the beginning) it was very useful for learning. As my intention is to improve the uses of the MiniLab, I contribute my grain of sand so that whoever wants to improve the performances of the MIDI keyboard.
No offense, if you think this post is inappropriate send me an MD and I'll delete it.

https://github.com/soneu03/Ableton_Minilab_project

P.D. google translated! My language is Spanish, so there are many annotations in spanglish

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 10:21:13 pm »
Ok guys I'm back and paying attention again. Sorry for the absence, I had to focus on my own things.
@codekiln your ideas are great and I will consider them as I try to improve the project. I will create the repo and rework the main post to accommodate the changes. Should be a lot cleaner. Feel free to post any suggestions or questions once I have setup the system. I want the repo on my account since it's my project and I don't mind not being anonymous.
EDIT: almost forgot, I used Live 10 to develop the script, since that's what the controller came with. The Lite version, but later had the chance to test without the 8 track limitation. The error is probably due to some change in the API that offered some more attributes to play with in the newer version. I have literally no idea what I wrote 1 year ago so I'll check what the error is about and write back after I can explain something.
----STOP EDIT-----
@Paco I don't mind you sharing your project, in fact I'll add the link on the main post. The only problem is that people who don't speak Spanish will have a hard time understanding your work.
If we can gather scripts for all the major (and perhaps not-so-popular) DAWs it would be great for people to select things they like for their own work, regardless of the program they use.
It's a lot of work, but some do benefit from it so it's worth it.

Now, I'd like to emphasize that our scripts mostly help beginners or those with budget controllers. Since they are small or cheaper than others, they lack buttons, knobs or other features and don't get as much attention as the premium counterparts do. Most people who are serious about music probably invest in higher-end controllers and don't care about scripts like these. And that's ok. Our work is for those who want to get the most out of a small package and are unhappy with the stock experience the software brings to the table.

Ok, I'll get to work and some changes will happen in the coming days. Thanks to everyone for the interest in the project. Your input motivates me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:24:28 pm by LilSmeag »

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2021, 09:42:23 pm »
@codekiln I managed to take a look at that error and check on the _Framework folder inside the MIDI scripts root folder of Ableton. Inside the file SubjectSlot.pyc, when transformed so as to make it possible for a human to read it, there are references to a signal attribute, which your error mentions as nonexistent. I used Live 10, and I can see from your error you have Live 9.
There is a tool called uncompyle6, available as a library for Python if I recall correctly. You can check whether that attribute is referenced in your version. If it's not, that's the issue.

tkwokwai@yahoo.com.hk

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:04 pm »
Hi,
Could any one tell me how to install the script? Does it work with Ableton 11 on Mac?
I tried to copy the folder and all the .py files to:

1) Ableton Live 11 Suite -> Contents -> App-Resources -> MIDI Remote Scripts -> AAminilab_mk2_custom_script
2) ~/Music/Ableton/User Library/Remote Scripts/AAminilab_mk2_custom_script
3) ~/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 11.0.6/User Remote Scripts/AAminilab_mk2_custom_script

However, after trying all the above to copy and the restart Ableton. I still couldn't find it in Ableton Preferences -> MIDI -> Control Surface

Could anyone give me some advice?

Thank you!

rodrit

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 10:56:25 pm »
Hey guys,

First of all a BIG thanks to LilSmeag and Paco for their amazing work!!

I am using LilSmeag's script on Live 10 but it does not shows up in Live 11 . I managed to fix it and load it doing the following:

Fix to load in Ableton Live 11

1 - Open the file \ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\AAminilab_mk2_custom_script\test.py
2 - Delete the line 15, the one that stated "from itertools import izip"
3 - Save the file and relaunch Live 11
4 - Go to Options > Preferences > Midi - Control Surface and select the script from the list

Have fun,

R.

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2022, 02:26:18 am »
@rodrit
I was just checking the forum when I saw your reply. Thanks for pointing out the necessary change. I updated the repository with different versions. The Live11 might be backwards compatible but right now I'm in a long pause from making music and I don't even have Ableton installed so I can't check that. I trust your input and won't verify it, but it's already there on Github for any future visitors to the forum post to check.
I'd also like to know if it would be ok to mention your forum name in the updates section on Github, or maybe you'd like a Github account plugged in. For privacy reasons, right now it's "a forum member".

@tkwokwai@yahoo.com.hk
I guess you got your answer now for Live11, sorry I wasn't there to try and answer it but I probably couldn't have helped since I took a break from everything music-related.

Update-wise, I will be periodically checking to see for any new comments but the script will at most slowly get updated for future versions of Live. If I get some motivation, I might do a spree sometime to incorporate the suggestions I have on Github but won't guarantee anything. There isn't much more I can do, but I'm happy that people find my script useful. I know I did after I finished it. If I ever come back to implementing some new features I'll do some code cleanup so others may understand it better, but it's all future plans.

Thanks for the continued interest and support everyone, make sure to continue creating good music using the MinilabMk2!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines