April 23, 2024, 03:32:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyStep Pro - Firmware Update v2.0  (Read 18286 times)

spiceagent11

Re: KeyStep Pro - Firmware Update v2.0
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 06:16:47 pm »
Arturia, I could not be more happier with this update.  Group Transpose is HUGE, the ability to record arps AND Chord Mode, shift + knobs to edit all steps...these are all incredibly useful features.  Thanks for listening to your customer base. Seriously.   Turn on some scale modes and you’ve got instant Vangelis style performance sequencing.

Ar1

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 03:10:12 pm »
Could you provide more information about new firmware? Is it official?

hawkinsnikwah

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2022, 10:03:06 am »
  I have a couple questions though: how are you supposed to choose the root note?  It’s almost physically impossible to hold shift+root+a note in the lower keyboard half.   I use my chin...lol

And do you think we will ever see the ability to not have to hold down the Transpose key?  The og Keystep works that way and it’s nice to free up a hand for being able to play other keyboards for instance.   Anyway, thanks guys, I’m having a blast over here

Hi!
To answer both of your questions:
- To choose the root note you press 'Shift' + 'Root' . You can then release 'Shift' and choose the root note with your left hand. As long as 'Root' is being held it shouldn't be a problem.
- The posibility to 'latch' the Transpose button has been asked by a lot of users so I will set this feature request as a high priority and I can assure you that it will be discussed and possibly implemented in the future.

Thanks

Adrien

Transpose latch is definitely the most important thing I could think of adding. a couple more:

-Ability to turn off velocity
-Transposition via midi like the BSP and KS
-Finite tuning of CV scaling. Better yet, just allow the user to determine the volts per octave form .01-1.3 via data knob. Many old synths aren't perfect and need slight adjustments to their scale!
-CV voice firing order options like round robin in poly mode

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 09:50:37 pm »
  I have a couple questions though: how are you supposed to choose the root note?  It’s almost physically impossible to hold shift+root+a note in the lower keyboard half.   I use my chin...lol

And do you think we will ever see the ability to not have to hold down the Transpose key?  The og Keystep works that way and it’s nice to free up a hand for being able to play other keyboards for instance.   Anyway, thanks guys, I’m having a blast over here

Hi!
To answer both of your questions:
- To choose the root note you press 'Shift' + 'Root' . You can then release 'Shift' and choose the root note with your left hand. As long as 'Root' is being held it shouldn't be a problem.
- The posibility to 'latch' the Transpose button has been asked by a lot of users so I will set this feature request as a high priority and I can assure you that it will be discussed and possibly implemented in the future.

Thanks

Adrien

Transpose latch is definitely the most important thing I could think of adding. a couple more:

-Ability to turn off velocity
-Transposition via midi like the BSP and KS
-Finite tuning of CV scaling. Better yet, just allow the user to determine the volts per octave form .01-1.3 via data knob. Many old synths aren't perfect and need slight adjustments to their scale!
-CV voice firing order options like round robin in poly mode

The first two are spot on and something I have definitely requested and have been waiting for.

The KS37 has a fixed velocity setting, where you can set it to a set value and the keys will always respond to that.  The KSP needs this, too.

As you already mentioned, the BSP allows transposing via external midi.  The KSP definitely needs that.  I would like to send these messages from a DAW, to the KSP and have it respond.

Put these requests into Arturia support.  The more these same suggestions get made, the higher the probability of them being implemented.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines