April 24, 2024, 10:35:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: workaround for CV pitch/gate outputs being triggered on all MIDI channels?  (Read 1313 times)

nostradahm

Hi friends!  ;D

I recently purchased a KeyStep Black edition. It's a brilliant little keyboard/sequencer.

I'm mainly excited to use it with some of my Korg Volcas but I have a conundrum regarding the CV outputs to control the Volca Modular.

The problem is that the CV pitch and gate outputs are triggered on all key presses regardless of what MIDI channel I'm on so when I activate the MIDI channel for my Volca Keys I'm also sending signal to the Volca Modular. Same goes for any other MIDI channel I activate for any other outboard device. It seems like this is a problem that is fixed with the BeatStep Pro's CV out's per sequencer and KeyStep Pro's CV routing features, but I'm wondering if there's a workaround / bypass for the standard KeyStep.... even if it's another (smallish  ::)) outboard piece of gear  ???

extra context: I primarily use Ableton as the master clock / sending MIDI /recording, so my current plan is to send CV from Ableton through the KeyStep to the Volca Modular if possible. I also think it's possible to send CV from the output of my soundcard to the CV in of the Volca Modular while still using the Keystep as a control surface....

BUT... the dream is to get this to work without the laptop for some DAWless jams... but I would need to find a workaround for the fact that CV is sent out regardless of MIDI channels.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Any advice?

Thank you!!
 ???

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:43:06 pm by nostradahm »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines