March 28, 2024, 07:38:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: More than one custom drum map?  (Read 1058 times)

Andrew Henderson

More than one custom drum map?
« on: July 18, 2020, 07:44:46 pm »
After finally getting the custom drum maps to work properly for my TR-09 and my TR-707, I started realizing just how limiting 1 custom drum map can be.  For those who have a few different drum machines, which could be  configured differently from each other and even for those who want to be able to quickly jump between different software drum machines/racks, one can quickly see how the ability to quickly jump between different custom drum maps, could be beneficial.  I would love the ability to make multiple custom drum maps and then quickly and easily recall each one, right from the menu on the unit, or better yet, if it can be quickly switched from the front panel, via a key combination.

Anyone else think this would be most useful?

elektikpete

• Apprentice
Re: More than one custom drum map?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 12:28:30 pm »
+1
For sure! this would be superb, would make it so much more flexible for use with Digitone, Ableton Drum Racks, Addictive Drums, Model:Samples etc

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 07:28:33 pm »
+1
For sure! this would be superb, would make it so much more flexible for use with Digitone, Ableton Drum Racks, Addictive Drums, Model:Samples etc

Exactly.  I have multiple hardware drum machines and software ones and could really do with an easy way, to quickly jump between different custom configs, without having to manually set them up, each and every time.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:39:49 am »
Doesn't it save the drum map per-project?
Perhaps not the solution you're looking for, but if it does save drum maps per-project, it seems to me that would work. Or perhaps that's not what you mean and I misunderstand.
This space left intentionally blank.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 01:31:43 pm »
Doesn't it save the drum map per-project?
Perhaps not the solution you're looking for, but if it does save drum maps per-project, it seems to me that would work. Or perhaps that's not what you mean and I misunderstand.

Hi there!

to be quite honest, I wasn't aware that it was saved on a per project basis. I thought the utility menu was a global thing and the unit as a whole, runs off of those settings. if this isn't the case and you actually can set a different drum map per project, then that is definitely beneficial and I'm glad to be wrong.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines