March 29, 2024, 05:17:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help Needed Using LFO To Control Panning  (Read 3462 times)

SJK2000

Help Needed Using LFO To Control Panning
« on: July 16, 2020, 07:56:07 pm »
Anyone know how to do this? I assumed I would just plug the LFO into the Pan jack (the one just below and to the left of the Pan slider) but that doesnt do anything except silence my output. I tried sending my LFO to both "In A #1" and "In A #3" on the voltage processors, inverting one of them and putting the output of #1 to Left In on the mixer, output # 3 to the R In, but no go. It seems so simple and yet I cant figure it out!

Also, does anyone know what the input jack below the Pan slider does exactly? Thanks all

SJK2000

Re: Help Needed Using LFO To Control Panning
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 08:56:02 pm »
After posting this, I figured it out after all. I did it this way:
1. put the audio output of your patch, whatever your patch is, (i.e. your VCA out) into both input #1 and input #3 on the voltage processor unit
2. Put your LFO output into the Mod inputs of both #1 and #3
3. Crank the dial for mod #1 input all the way up
4. Crank the dial for mod #3 input all the way down (this just inverts the signal from what it is on In #1)
5. Make sure the smoothing knobs are all the way off for both 1/2 and 3/4
6. Put the 1/2 output to L In on the mixer
7. Put the 3/4 output to the R In on the mixer

Works best if the LFO is a sine wave.

Technetic

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 05:00:23 am »
I think this PAN jack is bad coded by Arturia since V1. I tried to figure out how does it work to automate it but no matter what you plug in it, it always cuts the sound off. So I finally do the same you do to get a panning effect
******T E C H N E T I C******
music beyond time & space

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 05:09:28 pm »
I think this PAN jack is bad coded by Arturia since V1. I tried to figure out how does it work to automate it but no matter what you plug in it, it always cuts the sound off. So I finally do the same you do to get a panning effect
What PAN jack? ARP 2600 V3 have no such jack. It has a Left, a Right and a "Combi" audio in jack. (The input/ output section can be quirky)
Using the Voltage processor in one way or another is the way to go.
Unfortunately the Electroninc Switch is'nt bidirectional like in the original. Otherwise that also could have been used for some kind of panning with one incomming signal switching between two outputs.

Hopefully a new coded ARP 2600 V4 is comming and include more modulation options including for PAN.
And hopefully it among other missing things also include a bidirectional Electronic Switch.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:29:18 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines