April 25, 2024, 06:57:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The joys of the Keystep Pro - random lockup while performing  (Read 1040 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
My wife and I were live streaming on Twitch this last weekend when this happened:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyCarelessSardineKAPOW

This is the first time I have had the unit become completely unresponsive.  Took me a bit to notice as the sequence was still running but the device controls were completely unresponsive and required a power cycle to fix.  Lost the sequence we had going of course. 

No obvious cause so not much point opening a bug report.     

Arturia, what's the point of a live sequencer that is unsafe to use live?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:08:11 pm by synthcreep »

Andrew Henderson

Re: The joys of the Keystep Pro - random lockup while performing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:06 pm »
That really is too bad.  I had it lock up on me once too, the very day I bought it, when I was screwing around trying to get it to do, what it can't do anyways (you know what I mean).  It got so bad that it also blue screened my computer at the same time (this NEVER happens).  I couldn't even reboot my system, as my PC wouldn't post, so long as the KSP was turned on.  I had to power it off and then my computer posted, no problem.  Scary stuff.

Overand

• Apprentice
Re: The joys of the Keystep Pro - random lockup while performing
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 04:35:37 am »
A bluescreen in Windows may be more likely a USB driver issue - perhaps the KeyStep itself, but, you might want to look into updating the USB controller drivers. Having messed around with USB 3.x stuff (Oculus Rift), it does seem that these drivers can be touchy - but, dunno how likely that is with "mature" USB 2.0.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines