April 26, 2024, 07:42:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Erase diff. ptn breaks current: Silent notes" Lit, w/no parameters: reproducable  (Read 1011 times)

Overand

• Apprentice
EDIT: THIS IS REPRODUCABLE NOW, irrelevant details removed. It appears that all you have to do is erase a pattern other than the currently selected one; the currently selected one will be "broken."

WORKAROUND: Always select / be on the pattern you want to erase.  Yes, not great for live, but it's workaround-able!

I think I remember a different thread about an issue like this, but I wasn't able to find it. (The thread I link to here is not the one I remember - I believe the thread I'm remembering predates the 1.2.6 firmware release.)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  • (Optional) Factory reset your KSP
  • Record/enter some notes or drumsinto a pattern
  • Erase a non-selected pattern
    • Hold down erase key
    • Tap pattern key
    • Tap the (step / number) key for a pattern OTHER than the currently active one
  • Verify the current pattern is broken
    • Tap to enable "Step Edit"
    • Tap any step/number key
    • Verify that no parameters (Pitch/Gate/Randomness/etc) exist for these notes

I had a Track 1 drum pattern, fairly simple - only one 16-step sequence, no specific "only play on the 1st and 4th repeats" type stuff,  but I *did* have note probabilities.

After performing a apttern erase (on non-selected pattern), all (or some?) recorded existing notes will be silent.  When I tap on one of the drums/keys, the appropriate sequence/step lights are illuminated, but if I tap on them in "Step Edit" mode-  none of the knob-parameters (Pitch/Gate/Velocity/Time Shift/Randomness/etc) are lit.  To get the drum to play again, I have to exit step-edit mode to do the typical "tap step to enable/tap step to disable" on every lit step - which unfortunately erases the stuff I'd saved like Probability. (And since those parameters don't show up, I can't just reset them to what they'd been. I'm not sure if the parameters are in the saved patch or not - I may dig through the JSON to see, but, dunno! Hoping the MIDI Control Center will get sequencer support for the KSP!)

Now, I'm not sure if this was caused by the copy/paste, or if it's specific to drum tracks.
This thread may refer to a similar issue with notes, but I'm not certain.

Notes
  • Firmware 1.2.6.550
  • The issue persists through:
    • a power cycle
    • a project load
    • copying project to another project
    • copying/pasting the pattern
    • export to/import from MIDI Control Center (MCC)
    • Performing a factory reset, and re-importing the broken project
  • It was originally saved in in my Project 1(I doubt that's relevant)
  • I don't think I did a factory reset after my firmware update, though this is my first real issue since the update.

Todo
  • See if saving to a different Project slot changes anything
  • See if using a computer/MIDI Control Center (MCC) to save & load keeps the issue
  • (Don't recall what I meant when I wrote this one?)See if either of the above retains the silent note information (randomness, etc etc)
  • Examine exported JSON from MCC has the information?  (Still trying to make sense of the JSON formatting, which is very... uh... opaque.)
  • Try a factory reset? (Ugh. This will certainly resolve the issue, as the "broken" pattern will have been erased.
[/list]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:31:49 am by Overand »

bianbulley

I am having the same issue here!

Overand

• Apprentice
Updated the above - quoting the old version below. MCC Export/Import didn't help, nor did a factory reset (and then importing the pattern).  SO, I can provide a project file of a broken project!

I'm not sure what triggered this, but I think it was after I did a copy/paste pattern. Also, I think I remember a different thread about an issue like this, but I wasn't able to find it. (The thread I link to here is not the one I remember - I believe the thread I'm remembering predates the 1.2.6 firmware release.)

I had a Track 1 drum pattern, fairly simple - only one 16-step sequence, no specific "only play on the 1st and 4th repeats" type stuff,  but I *did* have note probabilities.

I copied/pasted the pattern from pattern 6(?) to 7(?) - and (I think immediately after that), the track was silent.  When I tap on one of the drums/keys, the appropriate sequence/step lights are illuminated, but if I tap on them in "Step Edit" mode-  none of the knob-parameters (Pitch/Gate/Velocity/Time Shift/Randomness/etc) are lit.  To get the drum to play again, I have to exit step-edit mode to do the typical "tap step to enable/tap step to disable" on every lit step - which unfortunately erases the stuff I'd saved like Probability. (And since those parameters don't show up, I can't just reset them to what they'd been. I'm not sure if the parameters are in the saved patch or not - I may dig through the JSON to see, but, dunno! Hoping the MIDI Control Center will get sequencer support for the KSP!)

Now, I'm not sure if this was caused by the copy/paste, or if it's specific to drum tracks. This thread may refer to a similar issue with notes, but I'm not certain.

Notes
  • Firmware 1.2.6.550
  • The issue persists through a power cycle, and a pattern load
  • It's in my Project 1 - I doubt that's relevant, but there were some situations in the past where it seemed to be.
  • I haven't tried exporting/importing via computer to see if it persists there
  • I don't think I did a factory reset after my firmware update, though this is my first real issue since the updarte.

Todo
  • See if saving to a different Project slot changes anything
  • See if using a computer/MIDI Control Center (MCC) to save & load keeps the issue
  • See if either of the above retains the silent note information (randomness, etc etc)
  • Examine exported JSON from MCC has the information?  (Still trying to make sense of the JSON formatting, which is very... uh... opaque.)
  • Try a factory reset? (Ugh. This will certainly resolve the issue, as the "broken" pattern will have been erased.

Grum

• Apprentice
This has just happened to me this evening - came here to post the bug so thanks for saving me some typing! I’ll report it to technical support too.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.

We fixed this issue, it will be available in the forthcoming update.

Cheers

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines