March 28, 2024, 04:52:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Old Arp 2600 Presets  (Read 4330 times)

Tobias Enstrom

• Apprentice
Old Arp 2600 Presets
« on: July 12, 2020, 09:37:32 pm »
Hi,

Upgraded V collection and now Logic Pro X can't find Arp 2600 that I was using previously. Changed it to the new Arp 2600 which works but doesn't have a preset that I need.

Are the old presets available somewhere or could someone kindly provide Oldschool_Ambient which was under the Sequence section.

Thanks,

LBH

Re: Old Arp 2600 Presets
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:49:46 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

To upgrade/ convert old preset V2 presets to new V3 presets, Arturia made a preset upgrader/ converter. It was made just after V-Collection 5 came out. This and both the old and new applications is needed to upgrade/ convert presets, and it only coverted/ upgraded presets saved by user, so factory presets need to be resaved by user to be avaible for the upgrader/ converter. Most old presets should be included in the new applications. https://www.arturia.com/faq/vc5presetupdater/preset-converter-general-questions
You have to ask Arturia support, where to find the preset upgrader/ converter if it's availble anymore, as i can't see it on the download page.

You can have the old applications installed alongside the old.
You shall not count on all old presets will sound the same in the new versions.

If you just need one preset, then you can copy it manually if you have both applications installed.
The preset Sequence1 in the new ARP 2600 V3 is perhaps a good starting point for the copying of the preset you mention. It's the same sequence and patching i think.

Tobias Enstrom

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 10:35:15 pm »
Thanks LBH! Sorry for the somewhat late reply.

How do I load V4 and V7 versions on the same project in Logic X?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 11:07:11 pm »
Thanks LBH! Sorry for the somewhat late reply.

How do I load V4 and V7 versions on the same project in Logic X?
The plugin versions have different ID's, so they should both be availble for you DAW project as different plugins. As you wrote in your first post, then the new plugins did'nt replace the old plugins.
So you just do like you normally does with any plugin. Does'nt that work?

I'm on Windows 10. I don't know, if the old applications work on new MAC OS and new Logic X.

Tobias Enstrom

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:26:03 pm »
Ah Jesus! (insert facepalm emoji!) Going walk out in to the rain and stand there a couple of hours while I contemplate my life.

There they all are... apart from the Arp even though it works as standalone  ??? It did give me an error message saying it's not optimised for my mac and that the app needs to be updated by the dev to improve compatibility. But all the V2's are saying that.

So this is good in a way as I should have the presets somewhere to convert?
OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets - I don't have both versions of each synth in here. Some V3's and some V2's. I do have both version of synths in OSX: /Library/Arturia/ but no presets in the folders.

The preset you pointed out is the same, except it sounds sharper in pitch compared to the original.

This authentication thing is a bit of a PIA!

LBH

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 11:20:25 pm »
Yes you should have the old presets, if they are installed.
(The old applications preset data was stored in a different way inside each instrument folder.)

But did you get the Preset upgrader/ converter app? Did you get it from Arturia? If so, then just run it and follow the directions in the shown text, then it should scan and find your old presets that can be upgraded/ converted.
But keep in mind, that the app only can find and convert presets that's saved by you. So if you wan't to convert a old factory preset, then you'll need to save it as a user preset first.

Tobias Enstrom

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 02:19:23 pm »
Found the previous version I needed and works in stand alone mode.

Did not get the preset converter. Think my next project will be to save the presets so I can convert them. Something for the xmas holiday period me thinks.

I was able to open the v2 as stand alone and open v3 in the Logic project and have them side by side to copy the settings. Arturia had changed the sequencer settings the most. Once I changed those to the v2 settings it was almost identical.

Thanks for the replies LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines