March 28, 2024, 05:00:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Timewarp or Arturia  (Read 21297 times)

mpresev

Timewarp or Arturia
« on: July 01, 2005, 07:40:17 pm »
TImewarp Arp2600 vs. Arturia Arp2600?  

which sounds better?

FabP

Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 11:11:59 am »
ARTURIA's, sure... :)
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

btmgmusic

Re: Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 03:00:38 pm »
Quote from: "mpresev"

Both the TimeWarp and the 2600V are excellent software synths and very impressive emulations of the ARP 2600 (and then some!). The TimeWarp's filters are excellent! The 2600 V Oscillators and Arpeggiator are superb! The list goes on and on....bottom line: Both deliver sound and capabilities way beyond the original hardware version - so, do what I did....GET BOTH!  :wink:

omissis

Re: Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:23:34 pm »
Quote from: "mpresev"

which sounds better?

CS-80V!!!!
 :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Max

a CS-80Vist

andyr1960

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 12:47:51 pm »
Has to be TimewARP,

Arturia's inverters don't work on LFO outputs, electronic switch is only one-way, no upper voice output, VCO outputs not symetrical around "0volts"...and on, and on!

Sorry Arturia, but if you're going to emulate something that I used for over 10 years, please get the basic functions right, I can't even replicate some of my most basic patches.

I'm waiting for TimewARP... VST version out in sometime this month via M-Audio... Much closer to the original (IMHO).

f.massara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:24:23 am »
Interesting comments Andy, why don't you elaborate them more directly with Arturia's support? I'm sure they would appreciate an expert's detailed comment.

poropat

Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 10:24:19 am »
yes, tell Arturia what's not closed to original,
 they will improve as what they did for CS80V.
They need to release a new version to correct some bugs, but if they could by the way improve emulation it would be great.
VCollection 8

niceman626

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://niceman626.tripod.com/oberheimhaven/
Arturia
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 11:19:34 am »
Would be sweet if gibson would let Arturia start working on the oberheim family. I don't know about you but these guys do a tremendous job on there products, I use there products live and in my home studio along with my Kurzweil K2xv and Sonik Synth II endless potential, now back to subject, I wish artuira would come to terms with gibson and start making the Oberheim's OBx OBxa OB8 and so on, so arturia if your out there I love you guys and your products and can't live without them, lets get with gibson and start recreating the monster of them all Oberheims.

Keep up the great work!!!

EVH626

Mark :roll:

poropat

Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 02:20:16 pm »
I agree with niceman626, in fact it would need many people send
e-mail to Gibson to ask them for they don't lock music like this.
Oberheim synthesizers would need a TAE emulation too.
At the same time what Gibson do, is not so useful as without Tom
Oberheim, now, they are unable to produce a machine matching with
this name.
VCollection 8

niceman626

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 04:46:46 pm »
Lets start a petetion on my web site oberheimhaven lets try and get gibsob to allow arturia's team to recreate the oberheims

arpy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 08:51:31 pm »
From all the comments I've read from former 2600 users, it seems that the WayOutWare product beats Arturia's one hands down in terms of emulation with the original sound and features. I'd love Arturia to accept this challenge and improve its software listening to all the "bad" comments (take a look at the 2600V yahoogroup i.e.), that would be a great move.

niceman626

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 11:01:55 pm »
Quote from: "arpy"
From all the comments I've read from former 2600 users, it seems that the WayOutWare product beats Arturia's one hands down in terms of emulation with the original sound and features. I'd love Arturia to accept this challenge and improve its software listening to all the "bad" comments (take a look at the 2600V yahoogroup i.e.), that would be a great move.

I heard wayout ware if thats what the 2600 sounded like i personally never would of owned it period I use arturias for the flavor all arturias product's i love cant live with out, now if gibson would let Arturia design oberheims obx xa 8 I would be first in line to purchase, I download wayoutware lasted 15 min before i deleted off my lap top

poropat

Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 11:54:36 am »
Quote from: "arpy"
I'd love Arturia to accept this challenge and improve its software listening to all the "bad" comments (take a look at the 2600V yahoogroup i.e.), that would be a great move.

Yes me too, but at first they need to fix every bugs in this vst which is,
imho, not finished. hope a day they will do.
VCollection 8

arpy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 03:41:52 pm »
Yeah, I agree with you. I almost ended up using it time ago because of its buggy behaviour (even loud sudden noises). Let's hope in an update.

Sweep

Timewarp or Arturia
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 12:26:54 am »
On the other hand, I'm using the 2600V a lot at the moment and finding it brilliant.

The only stability probem I had was when I changed soundcards, and a reinstall solved that. I'm using it stand-alone, so maybe the problems are with the VST functioning?

I've recently got some rich, creamy leads that I prefer to my Mg Voyager for some things, and every time I work with it I save a few new patches.

Quite frankly I'm not bothered how much it sounds like an original 2600. It has 2600 functions, plus extras and it sounds good to me. Most of all, it's a musically stimulating instrument.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines