March 29, 2024, 10:09:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton not recognising Mini V  (Read 3189 times)

gkmachine

Ableton not recognising Mini V
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:14:02 pm »
Hi,
I have an old version of the Minimoog V
Just recently, since upgrading my OSX. Ableton will not load Mini V saying:
"Failed to create the Audio Unit "minimoog V Original". This Audio Unit plug-in is not compatible. Failed to initialize."
What is causing this?
I have a hunch that it may be due to the plug-in being 32-bit....but am not sure. I may just be missing some files as I did a manual file migration due to lots of crashed prior to the upgrade and may have missed something.
Any insight most appreciated
Gordon

LBH

Re: Ableton not recognising Mini V
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:10:41 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

According to this, then Catalina does'nt support 32 bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_Catalina
So if you have upgraded to Catalina, then that's likely the reason.  You can check it out. Perhaps other things is'nt supported anymore by Catalina.

gkmachine

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 05:47:36 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
OK, so I should have provided more info.
The computer is using OSX Mojave, not Catalina.
However, I also have an IMac which DOES have OSX Catalina and the minimoog DOES work on that.
So it's obviously not a Catalina issue.
Any other ideas?
I COULD compare the imac and Macbook Pro's file paths....but what folders should I be looking in for a complete list of files and file paths?
Thanks in advance.
Gordon

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:05:49 pm »
Hi,

I'm on Windows.

Can't you just check the path on your other computer?
Also does'nt a MAC have a file search tool like Windows have?
The files is where you installed them.

Perhaps you can find useful info in Ableton help. Like this: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209068929-Using-AU-and-VST-plug-ins-on-Mac and other help sites.
The files that a installer install is located different places.

When you said manual migration, did you mean, that you have'nt run the minimoog v installer? It only take a minute to run the installer. I don't know, but i can imagine that at least the standalone version need to be installed to work. I don't know, and i also don't know if the plugins need you have run the installer to work. That depend on, if some data need to be registrated in the machine code. Many programs need to be installed to work, at least on Windows - and i guess it's the same on a MAC.
Be sure you know what you do, if you move stuff.

As you have your Minimoog V running on Catalina, then it does'nt look like a Minimoog V issue to me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines