March 28, 2024, 02:05:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset not recalled when reloading a project in a DAW  (Read 1497 times)

helveticat

• Apprentice
Preset not recalled when reloading a project in a DAW
« on: July 10, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »
I'm not sure where the issue lies but here's the problem I'm having. I want to be able to open the session and play without having to go through every track remembering which preset I have to load.

1. Set up some VSTi tracks with MIDI assignments and choose the preset for each.
2. Save and exit the DAW.
3. Restart later; VSTis either don't load a preset at all (in Reaper) or load the default preset (in Ableton Live Suite).

So for example, the Farfisa always comes up with "Dreamy Organ" no matter which preset I saved with.

I've tested this with Farfisa, SEM, Mellotron, CZ and Synthi and they all behave in exactly the same way. I only have the demo versions so far (this is part of my testing).

This is not affecting any of my non-Arturia VSTis so I presume it's either an issue with the instruments or user error on my part. But I'm quite familiar with Reaper and very much so with Ableton, and I'm not doing anything different from what I usually do.

Can anyone reproduce this problem? Or have I missed something different you have to do with these plug-ins?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:22:36 pm by helveticat »

LBH

Re: Preset not recalled when reloading a project in a DAW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »
My guess is, that it's because you use demo versions. Each time you load up the project, then it's like you open a new plugin, and then you get the default preset loaded.

Can anyone confirm this behavior when using the latest and activated plugins?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:59:45 pm by LBH »

helveticat

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:22:38 am »
I wondered about that.

I had the chance to try this on a friend's Mac running Ableton + a fully-licensed V Collection and it worked fine. So either it's a Windows issue, a trial-version issue, or possibly some third factor I haven't thought of.

Would be great if someone can reproduce the problem with the Windows trial version and confirm it works when upgraded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:34:32 pm by helveticat »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 01:25:20 pm »
I would think, many would report, if they had this behavior.

I don't use Ableton, but i have a Live 10 Lite version, and i have just tried this in a small test on Windows 10 verdsion 1909, and it work.  The saved Farfisa preset is recalled on reload of Ableton and Project. That's all i as a user can do.

As said, then a demo load version the first preset in the list, when a plugin is loaded. That is what you exsperience. This behavior is also preventing unauthorized usage.

helveticat

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 07:30:40 pm »
Great, thanks very much for checking! Hopefully this thread helps someone else in the future too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines