April 25, 2024, 07:52:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Noob Question About Controlling Multiple Synths Through Midi  (Read 1576 times)

PantherInCrime

Just purchased the KeyStep Pro and it has a pretty steep learning curve. This might not be possible, but am I able to say, plug my Minilogue into the midi out and then daisy chain my Ms-20 from the Minilogue's midi out and control both sources independently on different tracks? Or can I only do 2 synths from the two midi outputs on the device? I'm aware of using the CV for the MS-20, but haven't gotten into that yet. Thanks in advance

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: Noob Question About Controlling Multiple Synths Through Midi
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:06:37 am »
The KSP can send up to 4 MIDI channels currently, 1 for each track.  So yes, you can control your synths independently as long as the MS20 supports setting a specific MIDI channel.

You can adjust what channel each track sends under the Utility menu.  Set each synth to receive a distinct channel that matches the one you assigned to it's track on the KSP.  You have two MIDI outs on the KSP so hook each synth up to its own out.

To switch between the synths on the KSP just choose its track.  You an also do splits where part of the keyboard controls one synth and the rest the other (described in the manual).

If you eventually get more than two synths you will need to get a MIDI thru box like this:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/2633/Keyboards/MIDI-Interfaces/MIDI-Solutions/Quadra-Thru.htm

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines