April 20, 2024, 11:46:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Headphone mixes from 8pre analog outputs  (Read 1148 times)

SkyMagnet

Headphone mixes from 8pre analog outputs
« on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:32 am »
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

So I recently started streaming full time and I purchased the Audiofuse Studio and the 8pre so I could run a full band into ableton for my stream.

So far so good as far as putting the 8pre in adat mode and everything going into ableton, but part of the reason I went with this setup was to employ the 8 analog outs of the 8pre. I was under the impression that I could setup 5 aux tracks in ableton and then assign those aux tracks to analog outputs on the 8pre, which would then go to a headphone amp. Basically I could make separate mixes inside ableton to send to each musician.

So, with that being said, I have not been able to get any signal out of these analog inputs using this method.

Am I missing something here or is this not a possibility?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Headphone mixes from 8pre analog outputs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:02:34 pm »
Hi
I have the AFS + 8 pre and I am using  cubase to send aux sends to external hardware Fx  this works for me ok Im not a big ableton user but you do need to set up external sends
check you have all I/O selected in the pref

I may take a look when im free to see how you do it though.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines