March 28, 2024, 05:25:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro sending all 3 channels (seq1, seq2 and drum) as "chan 0" via usb  (Read 1370 times)

wonderhole

Hey everybody - I've owned a BeatStep Pro for a couple of years now and I've found it to be a great controller for my hardware synths. Lately I've been exploring the world of software synths, thanks to my purchase of a Keylab and all the software that comes with it. Naturally, I wanted to explore using my BeatStep Pro as a controller for my software synths. However, when I try to do this, all 3 channels play on a single software synth. It seems to be sending all 3 sequencers midi signal as "channel 0" to my PC.
So basically I get a big mess when I try to play software synths with my beatstep. It's basically an unusable connection. Any ideas how I can get my BeatStep Pro to send seperate midi channel data to USB? Thanks in advance!

Simatik2018

• Apprentice
Dear You,

you can assign different Midi Channels for all 3 sequenzers inside the arturia MCC.
Along this it is also possible to assign a "global" user channel and a differnt midi channel
for the BS Pro controller Mode. Pls refer to the BS Pro Manual. It is not a problem at all to set up.

One tricky thing is to set up your DAW for the incoming different Midi Channels from the BS Pro.
Your DAW has to know to seperate e.g. Channel 1 from 2, 3, 4 and maybe Channel 5 and not merging
these together. I use S1 and there I can adjust that the channels have to be seperated and routed.

Hope this helps a bit!

Regards

Lars

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines