March 29, 2024, 02:54:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Double Pad Toggle  (Read 3247 times)

fawudd@gmail.com

Double Pad Toggle
« on: July 05, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »
I have created my first template for the Mk2. I have changed some pads to be toggle and have chosen a specific color. For one of the functions (Record Arm Track), The toggle does not seem to work correctly. The first press of the pad consistently arms the track. However, the next press does toggle the color off, but does not disarm the track. The next press does disarm the track, but now the pad is lit again. A third press turns the pad light off, and does nothing to the track, so I am finally back to track disarmed and light off. Same for other toggles I have setup for play, etc).

Has anyone encountered this ?

ps: DAW is Reaper, and I am simply using the midi notes to trigger the actions.
ps2: I wanted to use MMC, but AFAIK you cannot toggle or control color with this option on the Mk2.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:17:02 pm by fawudd@gmail.com »

fawudd@gmail.com

Re: Double Pad Toggle
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 05:26:20 pm »
On further research, I am not sure if this is a bug or "working as designed". I think it is normal for a toggle to execute the function with each press of the pad. In this case, it looks like the 2nd press just turns the light off. I changed them to Gate, and they work as expected but without the pad staying lit. I was hoping for a visual cue of the mode I was in, but perhaps not with this controller. Another alternative would be to designate pads to stay on color-coded, but I cannot find an option to do that either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 09:53:44 pm »
As far as I have seen, the toggle behaviour is intended. Gate will serve you better, and with the latest firmware update the MiniLab Mk2 has the option the keep the backlight on, if you so desire. Sorry for that, I also expected it to work the same way you did in the beginning.

hutchcrowley

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 06:54:05 am »
Hey guys, you can use toggle and have it work the way you want it to. You just have to set the note on value from 0 to 127 so basically it will send the command every time you press it instead of every other time. The note-on/ note-off values in toggle mode work similarly to gate, except that if the first value were set to 127, every time you pressed the pad it would send the command twice. Got mine working this way and it's quite nice ( although not as nice as having real-time feedback from Logic Pro, but alas, maybe one day there will be a script.. or I'll write one, ha) Hope that works.
Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines