April 25, 2024, 04:51:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Duplicate presets appearing in V-Collection 6 synths  (Read 3738 times)

mmryspace

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Duplicate presets appearing in V-Collection 6 synths
« on: July 04, 2020, 03:30:26 pm »
Hi,
I recently migrated a backup of my V-Collection synths when I upgraded to a new Mac OS. I wanted to preserve my favorites and custom presets. Now however, there are a lot of duplicated presets. Is there a way to save my favorite presets and the ones I created and also remove these duplicates? I have attached examples from two of the V Collection synths. Thanks for any suggestions!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:23:41 pm by mmryspace »

LBH

Re: Duplicate presets appearing in V-Collection 6 synths
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:22:52 pm »
Do you have 2 sets of the preset files in your Library? Only have one set.
To remove one set, just use the normal way you do this on a MAC. If it's just a second folder, then delete it.

I believe the file FactoryEdit in the preset folders contain the needed informations  to mark favorites. So just try to copy those to your new computer from the old.

You can just copy your User preset folders to the same location on the new computer.
You can also use the export and import functionality for this.

Perhaps you also need to delete the db3 file in the preset folder. Please back it up before deleting, just in case. Perhaps this step is'nt needed.

Hope this helps.

I'm on Windows.

mmryspace

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:08:05 pm »
Do you have 2 sets of the preset files in your Library? Only have one set.
To remove one set, just use the normal way you do this on a MAC. If it's just a second folder, then delete it.

I believe the file FactoryEdit in the preset folders contain the needed informations  to mark favorites. So just try to copy those to your new computer from the old.

You can just copy your User preset folders to the same location on the new computer.
You can also use the export and import functionality for this.

Perhaps you also need to delete the db3 file in the preset folder. Please back it up before deleting, just in case. Perhaps this step is'nt needed.

Hope this helps.

I'm on Windows.

Thanks for the information. I don't have two sets of the presets. I may just try to re-install the User folder for each V Collection synth. None of the files you are referencing appear in the Mac folders (FactoryEdit or db3). See Screencap for reference

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:37:12 pm »
I did it from memory. The FactoryEdit is a folder in the main Preset folder.
The db3 is a file. The full name is db.db3, and is also located in the main preset folder.
The main preset folder i will assume to be the folder that in your new image has the name Presets. FYI: Samples are in the folder named Samples. Both folders can be seen above the SEM V2 folder you have highlighted.
I can recommend to spend some time to explore the different folders.

How did you migrate your presets? And did you delete the presets from the present install, when you did?
As far as i can tell from your images, then you only have one copy of your own presets, but copies of factory presets.

mmryspace

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 12:54:27 am »
I did it from memory. The FactoryEdit is a folder in the main Preset folder.
The db3 is a file. The full name is db.db3, and is also located in the main preset folder.
The main preset folder i will assume to be the folder that in your new image has the name Presets. FYI: Samples are in the folder named Samples. Both folders can be seen above the SEM V2 folder you have highlighted.
I can recommend to spend some time to explore the different folders.

How did you migrate your presets? And did you delete the presets from the present install, when you did?
As far as i can tell from your images, then you only have one copy of your own presets, but copies of factory presets.

Thank you so much and thank you so much for clarifying how to locate the main preset folder. I know can see it (after looking right past it all the other times  :-[ ). Deleting the db.db3 folder solved the issue of duplicate preset names. I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through how to fix this issue :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines