August 10, 2020, 05:09:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper  (Read 223 times)

alebig69

Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper
« on: July 04, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »
Hi.
I'm a newbie in digital music.
I bought a Keylab Essential 61 and I use Reaper as DAW and Analog Lab4 as VST.
It works fine with sounds and keyboard, but all knobs and sliders seem not to work properly: knobs do nothing and all sliders act as the pitch wheel.
I think it may be something related to midi settings, but I need help.
Thank you

LBH

Re: Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:13:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

If this happens, when you try to control the DAW functions, then perhaps you have'nt set the controller up as a device in Reaper like you can read here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

I'm not using Reaper, but i think this can be a setup issue. I don't have a Arturia controller either.

armandonux

Re: Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:22:08 am »
I was having the same issue but I finally figured it out. I also have an Essential 61 and Reaper , running on a windows 10 machine.

First go to Arturia Midi Control center and click on device settings, then on " Daw Fader Mode" , choose " Jump" .

Then in the Reaper Preferences menu, open " Control surfaces /osc/web"
Make sure control surface mode is set to Mackie Control Universal,  Midi Input: MIDIIN2, Midi Output: Midiout2, and especially make sure the box that says " ignore Fader moves when fader is not being touched"  is NOT checked.

I had that last one set incorrectly as well as the wrong daw fader mode in midi control center. As soon as I changed those, Now i have working faders in Reaper 6.12

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines