April 27, 2024, 03:45:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 7.2 Upgrade - problems with ASIO Driver  (Read 2202 times)

JuanMico

• Apprentice
7.2 Upgrade - problems with ASIO Driver
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:39:49 pm »
Hi, I just checked all the synths after the upgrade, and all of them in standalone seem to have problems communicating with my Yamaha/Steinberg ASIO driver.
They open with Generic ASIO, and when I change it, I get an error message in red lettering. It does select the driver though, and I can use it for that session, but when I re-open the next time, same story again.
No problem as plugins. They used to crash Cubase constantly when browsing presets, and that seems to have been sorted out.

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: 7.2 Upgrade - problems with ASIO Driver
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:44 pm »
Hi, you should contact the support, if you haven't already :)

JuanMico

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 03:44:54 pm »
Hi thanks. I just did.
I'm pretty sure there's some kind of conflict with Sonarworks Reference 4 Systemwide, because if I disable it completely, then the V Collection synths do use the Yamaha ASIO Driver and remember it.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 09:59:07 am »
Hi thanks. I just did.
I'm pretty sure there's some kind of conflict with Sonarworks Reference 4 Systemwide, because if I disable it completely, then the V Collection synths do use the Yamaha ASIO Driver and remember it.
Some apps will throw a tantrum with Reference 4 Systemwide because by default it runs in hog-mode (i.e. it demands exclusive access to your audio device). I wouldn't even bother trying to make it work because it will generate too much latency.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

JuanMico

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »
Thanks, I thought it would be something like that.
The thing is, I don't intend to use the V Collection through Sonarworks. I use it for other stuff, so it's there, but not even selected as the output for Windows most of the time.
In any case now they seem to be co-existing happily -fingers crossed- but now I've got the problem I've already read in other posts, with V Collection not remembering the Audio Settings and defaulting to Generic Low Latency ASIO every time. Oh well...

Edit: I've decided that, since I only use Sonarworks Systemwide from time to time, I've changed the settings so it doesn't start automatically on Windows start. And whenever I need it, I'll just launch it manually.
This seems to have sorted out all the problems with the V Collection, and it's now running 100% as it's supposed to.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:22:50 pm by JuanMico »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 09:40:38 am »
Glad you got it working.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines