March 28, 2024, 08:18:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step Record Mode not progressing when using a key that is not in scale  (Read 1315 times)

Dani538

• Apprentice
I just got the Keystep Pro and I found some weird bugs.

1. When you use a scale (say Major) and try to Step Record a pattern and press a key that is outside the scale (C# for example). The Step wont progress to the next step. This wont work whatever you do untill restart of the unit. In none of the tracks.

2. Happens aswell when you do it in quick record. You enter a note by pressing a key outside the scale. As soon as you want to Step Record again it wont work.

3. When using the Tie button in Step Record mode it wont progress to the next step. It stays in the (first) step and only the gate rotarer moves (nog saying how long the note is). When you release the key it goes to step 2. But you want it to tie a couple of steps and then progress to the next step. So pressint Tie 5 times will progress to step 6 for entering notes.

I have reported a ticket. Hope this will get fixed soon. Got the unit for a couple of hours now, but in this state it wont work for me.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
I've not noticed the first issue (will test it out tonight) but the second is known of and is being worked on.  I am looking forward to that being remedied.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

al80

same here.no step advance on step recording when scale is active.and tie is not working as it should.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:30:43 pm by al80 »

Dani538

• Apprentice
I am glad others have the same issue. So it is not my device only. Hope there will be a fix ASAP. I have send them a ticket.

bdrank

• Apprentice
Same issue here.

Also, when reverting back to Chromatic mode, step sequencer does not advance at all..

Tried clearing steps, clearing pattern, step sequencer still doesn't advance in chromatic.

Step sequencer doesn't advance on any tracks 1-4..

Did factory reset, still doesn't advance.

Power cycled, no change.

Power cycled again, working again, until a scale is chosen, then these same events happen.

Hope there's a fix soon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 06:40:15 pm by bdrank »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.

These issues are fixed now and a beta should soon be available.

Take care

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines