April 19, 2024, 02:05:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Empty patterns are generating and sending MIDI notes to the keyboards.  (Read 907 times)

Jason420

• Apprentice
Hello,
I recently noticed a strange issue with my BSP and hope someone can tell me if this is a problem or a feature. Empty patterns on Sequencers 1 and 2 are generating and sending a MIDI note (C) to the keyboards when the Randomness and Probability values are above 0. I assume that an empty pattern with no MIDI note data should not send MIDI note data to the connected instrument. Please see the 3 minute video linked here for more info about the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwlA_ZF9IPE

I have updated the MCC software to version 1.11.1.1538 and the BSP firmware to version 2.0.1.6 and preformed a factory reset. The issue still persists.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Jason420

• Apprentice
In the time since my original post, I contacted Arturia to inquire what was going on. Here is their response:

"This is expected and this is how the Dev Team programmed the BeatStep Pro, We have received comments about this issue and the Dev Team is evaluating if this will be changed on a future Firmware Update."

Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue (besides muting the empty pattern)? Thanks for any help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines