March 28, 2024, 09:50:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clear Tuning references in each plugin, or Global tuning parameter for Arturia ?  (Read 1747 times)

onewave

• Apprentice
Hello Arturia and fellow V Collection users,

I have a very special request that I am sure that other users would appreciate, mind you not all, but those of you that work outside the confines of A440 tuning on a regular basis.

Would it be possible that Arturia could implement a Global Tuning Preference into the already powerful and useful Analog Lab 4 plugin? Such an option is already implemented into Logic Pro x (Logic Pro project settings for example) so that there would be no need for extra work in working with each patch change to adjust tuning preferences? Or at bare minimum if Arturia would at least give clear response to the frequency that each plugin is using instead of leaving users guessing as to the clear frequency of the instrument being adjusted?

I understand that this would be a tremendous amount of work but it would make the experience for those who work outside of A440 a great pleasure instead of a hassle.

Cheers,
Bret

Ejbragg

I know this is an old post, but I’ve found several old requests like this one, requesting a global tuning interface for these software instruments - a lot of these requests remain unanswered.  But I’ve also read that global tuning is available for the full-blown versions of several software packages.  My question is why isn’t this considered a basic option for a basic set-up?

I bought the Arturia Essential 88-key controller for live performance, and I really like the Lab V keys that come packaged. I am not a programmer who has time to dig deep into the paramters and design new sounds. I do, however play live on a sound team and our leader insists on tuning to 444 Hz rather than 440. I’m forced to limit myself to my Steinberg Halion synth, and my other keyboardist comrad (who owns the same controller) is forced to use his Logic instruments for the same reason.  I’m fine with Halion - it’s a great instrument, but it would be nice to be able to have some more options.

Will you guys consider being a little more competitive?  I think you have a fantastic line-up of options.  Just a global pitch setting would make the instruments a lot more user friendly for those of us in the live sound industry.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:32:47 am by Ejbragg »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I think your request has obvious merit, but your underlying reasons show you have bigger issues.
In this instance it's the person who 'insists' on using A=444 who needs to change, not the rest of you.
If you rocked up with a real piano, would your 'leader' expect you to re-tune the piano?
You shouldn't have to retune your instrument just because you have one awkward player. The cart doesn't tell the horse where to go.
But yes, it would be a useful feature and has been requested many times.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines