March 29, 2024, 01:04:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI IN not working  (Read 6120 times)

smembronoie

MIDI IN not working
« on: June 28, 2020, 04:26:03 pm »
Hi guys,.
I 'm trying to connect my Elektron model samples (Master) to my MF (SLAVE) but it doesn't work, does anybody experience the same issue?
If I push play on EMS nothing happens
If I set MF as master it just works fine, but it seems that the MF clock just works on INT mode.
Is there something I'm missing? Please help me

Megi

Re: MIDI IN not working
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 10:43:31 am »
Same issue here. I have tested cables, settings, everything several times. I am using Launchpad Pro MK3, trying to send midi to MF, no luck. In Ableton it is working though, receives midi through external instrument setup. However, directly from external gear with midi cable it is not working.

Art-2013

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 01:13:14 pm »
Same here.
When using Ableton live through USB MIDI works properly.
When I try Ableton using MF's MIDI in (minijack - MIDI adapter) all I get is " presets sequence start - stop" and control over over the tempo BUT no notes information.   
I have tried also with a KORG SQ-1 and a Model Cycles and same thing.
Went over the settings 50 times and nothing.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:36:09 pm by Art-2013 »

fuzzylogiq

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:42 pm »
In the track settings (FUNC + TRACK)  for the model cycles/samples there's an M.Out checkbox which must be checked if you want to send midi out from the pads/trigs.

Also you need to set INV(ert) on the midi out port settings of the elektron because STD doesn't work.

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 02:09:58 am »
Yep, same here.

I am trying to drive my MF (white vocoder edition) from a Beatstep Pro. The MF won't play notes and it won't sync to the MIDI clock (clock source set to MIDI or Auto). Used known good cables and have swapped the MIDI dongles around and still no go. I also tried syncing using the sync out from the BSP to the MF and that didn't work either (though I haven't done as much troubleshooting with that config). I COULD sync a Volca Drum with the MF sync out though.

I raised a ticket with Tech Support and have reloaded the latest firmware. Initially the entire unit would lock up if I tried syncing the internal sequencer to an external MIDI clock but reloading the firmware seems to have fixed that. (EDIT: that problem seems to have returned)

It does sync over USB when driving it from Cubase 10 though.

cheers
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:34:59 pm by Groakes »

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 12:29:20 pm »
Do you still have this problem? It seems to fixed with latest update to FW 3.0.6.

The problem could be that the MicroFreak receives Midi information from several sources simultaneously and does not merge them correctly. You could try the following:
- Open the MIDI Control Center and make certain it recognises the Microfreak. If it does it will display the current firmware version in the top left corner.
- Click on the device tab and check the Midi Merge field. Try an alternative Midi Merge option: USB+KBD if your Midi signal arrives from a DAW or Midi+KBD when you're connected to an external device using the Midi input port.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

princent

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 09:32:40 am »
Do you still have this problem? It seems to fixed with latest update to FW 3.0.6.

The problem could be that the MicroFreak receives Midi information from several sources simultaneously and does not merge them correctly. You could try the following:
- Open the MIDI Control Center and make certain it recognises the Microfreak. If it does it will display the current firmware version in the top left corner.
- Click on the device tab and check the Midi Merge field. Try an alternative Midi Merge option: USB+KBD if your Midi signal arrives from a DAW or Midi+KBD when you're connected to an external device using the Midi input port.

Thanks @khidr for your post. This FW update dit not fix this issue for me. I have tried all possible combinations and with different external hardware to send midisignals with. Anyone else managed to fix this?

chrisdepper

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 04:52:02 pm »
This FW update dit not fix this issue for me. I have tried all possible combinations and with different external hardware to send midisignals with.

Just so you know, it's not just you. I have exactly the same problem trying to receive midi clock from a Novation Circuit through to the Microfreak. Nothing works. It works fine from a DAW over USB but the moment to try to use the actual midi connection from other hardware nothing happens (I've tried other gear too).

beef owl

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 12:48:30 pm »
Yes the v3.06 version of this thread has a bunch of us with the same issue. Hopefully fixable with update!

mrwease

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 07:04:49 am »
This is still an issue for me and I am using the latest firmware.  Would someone from Arturia please respond?

callimero

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 05:58:17 pm »
I have my MF (bought second hand  :() now one week.

All worked. Today I found that the middle A on octave -2 is stuck as after played (only when using the internal Keyboard, on Octave -1 it is the leftmost A). Played from my Arturia KSP it worked.

While trying to film that I suddenly lost my MIDI In (by MIDI->TRS Adapter). I tried much but it seems my MIDI-In is busted.

Tried other Adapters. MIDI by USB works. So I am here with a bricked (for me) MF. Maybe it is the Optoisolator.

I am an idiod -ID10T-Error-.... No sure WHEN it happened but some time while searching for the stuck note error I put the TRS-Adapter into CLOCK-In...  ::) ::) ::)

Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 07:34:12 pm by callimero »

bestofdesp

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 09:06:44 am »
Hey, I had the same issues with midi not working, and I was not able to control and play MF through Model:cycles or Novation Circuit until I have began to use the original white MIDI to TRS connector that was supplied with Microfreak. Now everything works as it should without any dances with a tambourine!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines