March 28, 2024, 07:54:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: First MIDI note not playing in Reaper  (Read 3699 times)

Element9

• Apprentice
First MIDI note not playing in Reaper
« on: June 27, 2020, 02:43:09 am »
I snap the play head exactly on the start of a note and when I press play that first not is not played.

To test what is causing the problem I did a clean Reaper reinstall. I made many identical tracks (all created by duplicating the first one) then I assigned different instrument to them and only Arturia Pigments 2 has this problem. So it sounds like a problem is in Pigments, but I didn't test it in any other DAW.

If anyone had a similar problem, is there a workaround available in Reaper? Could this be a bug?

LBH

Re: First MIDI note not playing in Reaper
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 02:03:44 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't have Reaper.
Can you test in another DAW please?
Did you try to place pigments on one of the tracks that worked?

Just done a quick small test in Studio One 3 Pro, Ableton Live 10 Lite, Bitwig 2 Demo and Cubase 10.5 LE.
It does'nt look like there are this issue, so as it is i can't confirm.

Which VST version do you use? Have you tried both VST2 and VST3?
Do you have the issue with all preset types or only certain presets?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:06:37 pm by LBH »

Element9

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 05:26:40 pm »
Hi LBH!

I installed Abelton Live Lite just to test this and I couldn't reproduce the problem.

> Did you try to place pigments on one of the tracks that worked?
I tried it and and for some time the problem was intermittent and then it was constant again.

>Which VST version do you use? Have you tried both VST2 and VST3?
I am using 2.1.1.3815. I tried both VST2 and VST3 versions.

>Do you have the issue with all preset types or only certain presets?
All presets

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:10:31 pm »
Look like it can be DAW related.
I can't tell, if it's something Arturia can fix. I suggest you ask Arturia support.

Does Reaper have a "Chase long notes" setting? If so it may be a workaround to switch it on.

Perhaps a Reaper user confirm or deny this issue?

Element9

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 07:23:28 pm »
I think you are on to something. Reaper does support chasing. I tested it with Pigments and it indeed doesn't work. It works fine with other instruments.

It does look like it is DAW related, but since the problem is only with Pigments I am hoping for a workaround on either side, DAW or Pigments.  :)

bie

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:39:23 am »
Getting the same issue in Logic Pro X. I didn't experience this before the latest Pigments update!

This is with the following versions:
- Pigments 2.1.1.3815
- Logic Pro X 10.5.1
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5

MIDI chase settings don't seem to affect this at all.

Element9

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:05:00 pm »
Do you know if there is there a way to go to the previous version?

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 06:50:33 pm »
You can download previous versions of Arturia ressources on this page https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals
And you can also download from the individual product pages. Here for pigments only https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/pigments/resources

Just click the green "Show Archives" buttons to see and download older versions.

Element9

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 11:21:54 pm »
Thanks bie and LBH! It works fine with version 2.0.1.837

razumpolze

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 12:12:46 pm »
Good afternoon!

I have the same problem, but in V7 collection. In some of the synths first midi note is silent! I also use Reaper, but it worked just perfect before the latest update. So it is not up to Reaper. I can “solve” the problem by shrinking the note in keyboard view, but it is annoying, of course. Since I am not such a great expert in DAWs and plug ins, I kindly ask somebody to explain me how would I get “old” V7 collection? Can I do that on my own, or I need a support from Arturia?

Thank you.

Vladimir

fretnoize

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 06:32:43 pm »
I'm also missing the first note from the playback position with Pigments and V collection synths in Reaper... Sometimes I've noticed it does play, but it's only about 10% of the time, if even that. Not the end of the world, but it is a hiccup in the work flow.

LBH

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 07:00:17 pm »
Good afternoon!

I have the same problem, but in V7 collection. In some of the synths first midi note is silent! I also use Reaper, but it worked just perfect before the latest update. So it is not up to Reaper. I can “solve” the problem by shrinking the note in keyboard view, but it is annoying, of course. Since I am not such a great expert in DAWs and plug ins, I kindly ask somebody to explain me how would I get “old” V7 collection? Can I do that on my own, or I need a support from Arturia?

Thank you.

Vladimir
HI,

Did you read and try what iwrote in reply #7 in this thread?
You can download previous versions of Arturia ressources on this page https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals
And you can also download from the individual product pages. Here for pigments only https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/pigments/resources

Just click the green "Show Archives" buttons to see and download older versions.
It's not a full package in one download, but you can download each application in the version you wan't.

razumpolze

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 07:45:04 am »
Yes, thank you so much. It is fine now. However, I believe it must work with the latest update. So sooner or later they must solve the thing to be in line with the newest version. Anyway, thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines