April 25, 2024, 08:52:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: UI issues in Ableton Live  (Read 3568 times)

enginarer

• Apprentice
UI issues in Ableton Live
« on: July 17, 2020, 12:19:04 pm »
Hi,

I started to have issues with Pigments, Analog Lab & Rev PLATE-140 in Ableton Live (tried in Live v10 & v9). When I pop up the UI, it only shows white blank screen, the VSTs still work as is, but I can't see any parameter, mouse clicks work if I can correctly guess where what is, but it's not ver ideal :) When I try to close the UI, Ableton freezes and nothing responds anymore. I have to force shutdown the app and start over, just to have the same issue.

I tried a lot of things. when the UI is blank, I managed to resize the window (change the zoom) and back, didn't work. Uninstalled all Arturia sw and re-installed again, didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled Ableton Live, didn't work. All software are up to date. I'm definitely not having the same problem with other brand VSTs, this is only with Arturia. I'm stuck and would appreciate any useful information, comment, guidance.

p.s. using PC, Windows 10 and only having issues for the last few weeks.

LBH

Re: UI issues in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 04:39:05 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I must understand, that all your software is updated.
Are your PCs graphic card updated?

enginarer

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:09:15 am »
Yes, All Arturia products, Ableton Live and graphics card drivers are up to date.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 01:53:40 pm »
I started to have issues
I understand this like you suddenly have an issue, that you did'nt have before. What was changed, when you got the issue?

Do you have issues with both the VST2 and the VST3 plugins?

EDIT: Does the standalone applications have the same issue btw? EDIT END
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 04:50:38 pm by LBH »

enginarer

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 06:06:50 pm »
Yes, both VST2 & VST3 plugins have this.

I have been working on the same system for a long time without any issues. The only difference I recall making is to install Envelop For Live (Ambisonic plugin), use it a few times and then delete it again. The issue may correspond to similar times, but I didn't install anything to intervene Windows registery or other places, I just copied zipped files in a folder for Envelop For Live and used the M4L plugin in a few projects, then deleted it since I wasn't happy with the results, that's it.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 07:27:35 pm »
Are you in a new DAW project, to rule out it's not the project that's corrupted?

Have you tried to run a Windows sfc/ scannow as administrator? In case a system file is corrupted or missing. Just something to try.

Look like something has been corrupted, since it has worked before with the excact same plugin and program versions. If it was after a Arturia update, then you can try to download and install the previous version from the download page archives.
You can allways contact Arturia and Ableton support, but it look like a system or other local issue, when something that worked before now suddenly does'nt. So perhaps you need Windows support.

The plugins show fine in the Ableton Live 10 Lite i have installed on a second laptop using Windows 10 version 1909. I use the latest updates of everything.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines