April 26, 2024, 09:46:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No MIDI Thru Option?  (Read 1183 times)

SmirnoffIsis

No MIDI Thru Option?
« on: June 26, 2020, 06:45:47 pm »
My old setup with the original Keystep was Naked Board -> Keystep -> Digitone/Circuit/Zoia/Ipad. With the "MIDI Thru" option turned on from the MIDI Control Center the ccs from the Naked Board could be assigned to damn near anything I wanted on all of my devices, 32 knobs in total. It took nearly all 16 channels (Circuit has two synth channels and a "session" channel. Digitone has four synth channels and an FX channel, etc...) passing through to have adequate control.

Now, with the Keystep Pro, the same setup cannot work. There is no MIDI Thru option in the Midi Control Center but rather it allows for a single midi in and midi out for each of the four sequencing tracks (ie. sequencer track one can listen to midi channel 1 from the midi input and output to midi channel 5.) Four channels available in the end, that's it.

Why would MIDI Thru be disabled on the Pro version? Or, am I overlooking something?

johndoe

Re: No MIDI Thru Option?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 09:06:34 pm »
My old setup with the original Keystep was Naked Board -> Keystep -> Digitone/Circuit/Zoia/Ipad. With the "MIDI Thru" option turned on from the MIDI Control Center the ccs from the Naked Board could be assigned to damn near anything I wanted on all of my devices, 32 knobs in total. It took nearly all 16 channels (Circuit has two synth channels and a "session" channel. Digitone has four synth channels and an FX channel, etc...) passing through to have adequate control.

Now, with the Keystep Pro, the same setup cannot work. There is no MIDI Thru option in the Midi Control Center but rather it allows for a single midi in and midi out for each of the four sequencing tracks (ie. sequencer track one can listen to midi channel 1 from the midi input and output to midi channel 5.) Four channels available in the end, that's it.

Why would MIDI Thru be disabled on the Pro version? Or, am I overlooking something?

They said they're working on it... for a next firmware update...

Andrew Henderson

Re: No MIDI Thru Option?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 09:44:39 pm »
I really hope so, this is another thing I noticed missing when comparing the Keystep Pro, to my Novation SL49MKII.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines