March 28, 2024, 04:47:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse 8Pre left/right output channel discrepancy  (Read 1669 times)

simonlittle

• Apprentice
Audiofuse 8Pre left/right output channel discrepancy
« on: June 23, 2020, 06:07:37 pm »
Hi there
I bought my 8Pre in February and it sounds great. Very happy with the features and the ease of use.
But... I have recently been working at very low volumes (both through monitors and headphones) and have noticed that the left and right outputs have different levels. Ie; as I turn down the master volume (monitors & headphones) the left channel drops out before the right.
I’ve looked at it in the software centre with a mono input signal and it clearly shows a volume discrepancy between the left and right output channels, even with no input there is a difference of between 1.8-0.8 dB.
Has anyone else got this issue?
It seems to be something in the D-A converters, or possibly a calibration issue??
Hoping it’s a software thing and can be sorted without me having to send it off as it’s my only interface and I need it to work from home!
I’ve attached a couple of pics so you can see the output differences with a mono input and no input

jm8

Re: Audiofuse 8Pre left/right output channel discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:19 pm »
Same problem with the Audiofuse Studio, I tested 2 unit. I returned the first, ~1db between left and right channel of the 4 headphone outputs. For the second unit, 2 headphone outputs are perfect, the 2 others headphone outputs are not equal at very low volume.

simonlittle

• Apprentice
Re: Audiofuse 8Pre left/right output channel discrepancy
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 12:34:01 am »
Hmm. I’m still wondering if this is some sort of software issue. Especially if a different model has the same problem.
Arturia are looking into it for me and should be testing a bunch of units next week.
Hopefully it’s something they can fix with a firmware update and it’s not a common hardware issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines