March 28, 2024, 09:44:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Program Change  (Read 10126 times)

eric

• Apprentice
Re: MIDI Program Change
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 11:53:25 am »
+1000

donnied

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 08:11:10 pm »
+10^6

starlilyth

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 05:56:56 pm »
Its pretty unbelievable that this is STILL not implemented with the 2.0 firmware. For a controller that bills itself as the be-all for controlling hardware, this is a gigantic miss.

slevin

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 06:28:01 pm »
i really love the update the long list of good and usefull new features and bugfixes. i dont want to blame arturia. much love for your good productsupport policy <3 !! But i also was looking very hopefully looking for the 2.0fw to finaly send programm changes to my external synth. and i was pretty sure this feature would come in the upcoming fw.

so i was a bit disapointed too as i read the changelog and realised this often requested feature is not included in the firmware revison. I really wanted the keystep to be my brain of my livesets iam building and safely lean on it for a good workflow in the next years (like for example elektron). Dont get me wrong iam still pretty impressed by this performant and good sequencer! But without to do programm changes there is a big point which downgrades the ksp for me a bit.

The point is, when i want to do programm changes on external gear nevertheless the only way to do this now is to use some additional source/device extra for that. for example i can do it with clips in a daw that iam triggering wich do the changes on the synth over a launchpad. but in this case i also need a additional midi merger to bundle the midisignal correctly from the ksp & the device that is triggering the pgm changes, so there is also no benefit to now get a miditruh option atleast. And for now thats the only way to accomplish it that occurs to me, so it seems to be i have to go this way.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 06:45:16 pm by slevin »

starlilyth

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 10:02:12 pm »
i really love the update the long list of good and usefull new features and bugfixes. i dont want to blame arturia. much love for your good productsupport policy <3 !! But i also was looking very hopefully looking for the 2.0fw to finaly send programm changes to my external synth. and i was pretty sure this feature would come in the upcoming fw.

so i was a bit disapointed too as i read the changelog and realised this often requested feature is not included in the firmware revison. I really wanted the keystep to be my brain of my livesets iam building and safely lean on it for a good workflow in the next years (like for example elektron). Dont get me wrong iam still pretty impressed by this performant and good sequencer! But without to do programm changes there is a big point which downgrades the ksp for me a bit.

Same for me.

winddealer

Nick Batts recent awkard moment with the KSP
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 03:08:33 am »
In a recent segment Nick Batt from SonicState is using the KSP (at 28:00 - 28:30 in the video below) where he stated something to the effect of  "..if you had a "master keyboard" that supported Program Changes ....".    Sadly, the keyboard he used in the video doesn't include a facility to support midi Program Change messages, "doh".
I got the sense that at that moment he immediately realized that the KSP keyboard he was using for his video lacked the very feature he needed as a workaround for the other device!  IRONIC isn't it.   Nick then stated he was going to reach out to the "other" vendor to get them to support midi Program Changes in their product.  Yet, that product isn't considered a "master keyboard controller".   Instead, Nic really needs to contact Arturia and ask them to support midi Program Change messages with the KSP.    Here is a perfect example of why this capability is needed.  In your face KSP!   
My fear is that when and if Arturia ever decides to support midi Program Change messages (in the next 36 months?) it will be some half baked "kluge" where you have to use some intermediate tool like "Midi Control Mangler".   What is being requested is the ability to initiate a midi Program Change message in real-time using the a combination of rotary knobs and a simple shift function.   Or it's crippled to only let you implement a midi Program Change on selected midi channels like 1-4 instead of any midi channel (1-16 for example).   Mark my words. 
Here is the video:   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4UsIO-dKc

"Hi Nick, would you mind opening a case with Arturia and let them know that midi channel Program Change message is long overdue."  Thanks :)
Let's hope that "whenever" Arturia gets around to implementing midi Program Change messages via the front panel buttons and encoders it won't be via the "Midi Control Mangler" to get it done.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:28:58 am by winddealer »
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

HardScience

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »
+1

This is the most important and useful feature that is not included on the Keystep Pro. I control 3 to 4 synths via MIDI and it is essential for me to be able to send program change messages to all of them. Not only when changing songs, but also when changing between patterns.

Please please please add this feature.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 06:31:00 pm by HardScience »

straypacket

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 02:04:55 am »
+100
This is basic functionality - please can we have this feature?

paulmesser

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 03:10:20 pm »
Yes. Please.

DizziDeCazz

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2021, 10:36:04 am »
Absolutely. This isn't a workable live performance tool without this feature for me, which is why I bought it assuming this most basic of functionality would be there. When performing live, uncomplicated and quick change from song to song is crucial. At project level at a minimum, clip level preferred.

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 06:09:23 pm »
+ 1

At least have it as a Project setting so that when you select a project it sends Program Change messages

DingLuKai

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 11:31:46 am »
+100

slevin

• Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2021, 01:10:18 pm »
+1000

i was patient aswell but now i think we dont see this feature anymore :( i think iam sadly going to sell my keystep pro and switch for an octatrack or squid.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:12:31 pm by slevin »

alien_observer

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 08:54:02 pm »
+1 please... I really want to invest in the KeyStep Pro but the inability to control external gear via Program Changes is keeping me away.

MellowMike

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2022, 11:08:55 am »
Hi,
+1 in 2022.

It should send pre-programed PC and CC message with the project or scene and i would add :
KSP should also receive PC to select Project : there's only 16 project stored in the KSP (could be PC 01 to 16)
 and CC to select Scene or Pattern per track as :
CC #   / Destination/ Parameter / Value
CC #1 / Track #      /    Scene    / 0 to 127
CC #2 / Track #      /    pattern    / 0 to 127
where # is the Track number, from 1 to 4. For example, CC21 value= between 8-16 launch the Scene 2 of Track 2,
and CC32 value = between 72-80 launch the pattern 10 of Track 3.
and you could add many more control feature with midi.

Even if this feature can only be set up or map on the Midi Control center, i think it is the only big missing piece of the KSP to be the perfect controller for me and a lot of user. It's lot of development works ,i'm sure but that worth it !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines