April 19, 2024, 05:01:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jup-8 dropping notes / changing timbre  (Read 2950 times)

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
Jup-8 dropping notes / changing timbre
« on: June 21, 2020, 07:44:58 pm »
So I've looked all over trying to fix this. Some folks have had similar issues and it seems like the consensus is that the Jup-8 V3 is super buggy and it's not being fixed. But on the off chance anyone can help me, here's what I've got going on. I'm using a Keylab Essential 49 with the Jup-8 plugin via Analog Lab / V Collection in Logic Pro X.

When playing back my Jupiter track (which is just simple chords), all the keys in the piano roll are lighting up. It starts out just fine, but as the song goes on, it's almost like the Jup gets "tired" and starts hitting fewer and fewer notes in each chord, until eventually it is seemingly picking and playing back one random note from each chord.

On top of this, the sound quality of the notes starts to suffer. The timbre changes wildly, almost like some of them are super compressed. The attack value seems to change and things are muffled. And it all varies. The full sound of the synth is definitely not coming through. ***this happens in both Analog Lab and using the standalone instrument, not just in Logic. The first few notes will be great, and then the quality starts to go downhill.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or if there is already a fix in the forum, I would love a link because I can't find it.

Thanks!

LBH

Re: Jup-8 dropping notes / changing timbre
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 10:31:28 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

How many notes are you trying to set a single JUP-8 instance to play, and how many voices and unison voices in which play and assign mode have you set in JUP-8?

Are you using any single note chord playing, so you play a chord for each note you play?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:48:35 pm by LBH »

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:04:13 am »
Thanks LBH.
So this track has only three and four note chords. I'm not using the single-note chord feature. Attached is a sample of the piano roll. I'm using a preset in Analog lab [Jup-8 Fact 12] that I have modified slightly in Analog Lab. I haven't touched any other settings in Jup-8 or changed any play / assign modes, so whatever is default to Analog Lab is what I've got going...

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:10:12 am »
Your welcome. But we still need to find out what's going on.

You have 8 voices availble on that sound, and a voice in release fase will count.

Do you have the same behavior without modifying the sound?
Do you have Sustain pedal activated? If yes, then do the issue go away, if you don't use sustain pedal/ hold?
Are you sure, you don't have more notes recorded and playing due to the chord mode you use?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 01:28:29 am by LBH »

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 03:45:29 am »
I think other unmodified Jup-8 presets are working fine.

I am not using a sustain pedal or any note holding function. However, my original modified sound did have long releases, is it possible that they are catching up and making more than eight voices? I can't find any more notes that are being made on the Jup-8 track :(

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 05:23:30 pm »
I think other unmodified Jup-8 presets are working fine.
If so, then it is'nt an application bug.

However, my original modified sound did have long releases, is it possible that they are catching up and making more than eight voices?
Yes that's possible if your issue is about cut of notes.
Do you have the issue on that preset, if you remove the release?

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 01:34:36 am »
I am experiencing this now on other Jup-8 presets, even ones with short releases :(
If you remember in my original post, sometimes the track can take a little time to "get tired" and stop reproducing the notes. So I didn't notice at first. And the sound quality of the notes that is does play is so degraded, it sounds like a child's keyboard with the batteries dying, if you can picture that. Thank you for trying to help me! Is it possible to attach very small mp3s to my post in order to demonstrate the problem with audio? I'm sorry, I feel like I am not much help!

LBH

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 01:34:09 pm »
That's ok.

How long time does it take before you hear the issue?

Have you checked if a CPU core is overloaded?
Are your computer getting hot?
What's your computer specs?

You can have attachments to your post. look below the textfield.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines