March 29, 2024, 08:28:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab MkII working with Pro Tools  (Read 2357 times)

Anton A

KeyLab MkII working with Pro Tools
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:00:21 am »
Hi All

I spent some time putting together a couple of videos,  setup and using KeyLab MkII with Pro Tools.   I've found using the KeyLab with Pro Tools to very good.  Anyone looking at the set up or thinking about how the transport controls or faders work with Pro Tools might find it helpful.

https://youtu.be/U_Yde3SSX_E

A

fredmant

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab MkII working with Pro Tools
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 01:08:44 pm »
Thank you that was quite useful. I unfortunately don't seem to be able to select the "Daw" option in both the receive and send page for the HUI controller. I can select Daw or Midi options for the receive, but only Midi for the send.

I did find something that is a feature not a bug :) when I  press the next and prev buttons on the Keylab II with the 'pad' button unlit, it moves the eight channels selected up or down by one channel, not 8, which is great for positioning your control over any adjacent bank of 8 channels, like drums.

I do still get 'not communicating' errors for the HUI from Pro Tools, and while I can check 'don't remind me' I'd rather know why??

Finally, I saw an Arturia video where you can use the scroll wheel to scrub to any location on the project, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks
Fred

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines